Parents DD Not on Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On that note, how do you even figure this troll stuff out? I can't even smell trolls out, and I hear they are stinky...

On that note, how do you even figure this troll stuff out? I can't even smell trolls out, and I hear they are stinky...
This one was pretty obvious. Her inconsistencies between threads were really big. Some trolls are a bit trickier, but Bog has skills.

I fancied a read through her other thread to look at the inconsistencies myself -- but I cant find it! Was going to be my bedtime reading!

My favorite is still that she was going to start cutting the knot out of her daughter's hair. That she just puts it in a bun to hide the knot...

My favorite is still that she was going to start cutting the knot out of her daughter's hair. That she just puts it in a bun to hide the knot...
If a girl has sufficiently long hair, there is actually a knot that develops just under a bun if you let them sleep in it a couple of days. It's a real thing I'm afraid and is truly a pain to get out, even little ones, and the fleeting thought of cutting it out has honestly passed through my head :confused::eek::oops:
Letting them sleep in a bun is quite tempting when they're slathered with gel and have back to back gym and ballet.
It's also the sort of thing you only want to go through once! :oops:

If a girl has sufficiently long hair, there is actually a knot that develops just under a bun if you let them sleep in it a couple of days. It's a real thing I'm afraid and is truly a pain to get out, even little ones, and the fleeting thought of cutting it out has honestly passed through my head :confused::eek::oops:
Letting them sleep in a bun is quite tempting when they're slathered with gel and have back to back gym and ballet.
For real? Holy cow!! I honestly didn't realize that!!!
Okay, then can I laugh at her not knowing USAG levels but was going to coach at IGC? LOL!

Reactions: COz
For real? Holy cow!! I honestly didn't realize that!!!
Yeah, for real :cool: I hope you realise how difficult it was for me to post that! :(:oops:

My kid has a lot of hair and sometimes the temptation to just leave it in the beautiful slicked back bun after the >1hr drive and getting home after 9pm is too great :D

Okay, then can I laugh at her not knowing USAG levels but was going to coach at IGC? LOL!
By all means ;)

Dd3 sleeps in a bun nearly every night and as you have seen the size of her bun you can imagine how long and thick her hair is (I'll show you a photo one day - people tend to swear when I take her hair out in front of them) and never had a problem with knots.

Reactions: sce
But do you comb it in between buns? Or just leave it up?
Is it because I have gel though it?

I'd offer to create a bun knot to show you, but... well, it's just best if I don't.

I think repeated rolls bumping it each time doesn't help, kind of felts it near the hairband.
Sigh.

Coz
Week day buns I use a donut and two plaits.
I don't use any product except for comps etc.
but sometimes normal ballet buns with a net and still no problems (lol I find I go through lots of hair nets and the small donut one is cheaper. )
Brush it out in the morning and stick it back up.

stick around next time we are up there and I'll take her hair out and show you. Her hair is very thick, not sure a comb would get through it.
It's not like your dd's hair - which I imagine being a lot finer (like mine and the others) does tend to knot a bit more.
Lol in little ones hair you could have a whole birds nest and baby birds and not see them.

Reactions: COz
Love that this has become an Aussie hair chat!! :p

I'm guilty of getting all my DDs super fine (knots-around-the-thought-of-a-piece-of-dust) hair cut nice and short as neither of us were coping! Best thing ever :D

More Aussie hair here. I have problems with my daughter's hair and a big matted knot forming under the top of her plait if she sleeps in it. Felt is a good way to describe the mess COz. It must be the hair type. My daughters is fine and wispy and knots if you so much as look at it. Sleeping in a plait is still the least knotty way to go, but I still have to de-matt it every few days and I have sympathy for anyone who thinks about taking to that sort of mess with a pair of scissors.

Well, it is a good thing that you have the Aussie hair miracle range then! I use the 3 minute miracle reconstructor on my DD's hair - it is waist-length, and both thick and super tangly, and the conditioner does really help!

Well, it is a good thing that you have the Aussie hair miracle range then! I use the 3 minute miracle reconstructor on my DD's hair - it is waist-length, and both thick and super tangly, and the conditioner does really help!
I've never heard of it.

@OzZee its the leaving it in a bun for multiple days without redoing it and just adding gel to it that probably causes problems :rolleyes:

@JessSyd yeah, it's fine hair.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back