Parents DD Not on Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coz probably is the multiple days. I don't redo on a Sunday and competition hair can stay in for 2-3 but otherwise redo every morning.

Reactions: COz
My child has truly never worn a bun, other than wrapping it in a circle and pulling the scrunchie over it. I used to think how easy a bun would be to just slick back and circle.
I think right now I"m considering myself lucky that she won't wear one! LOL!

Have to chime in hair (sorry couldnt help that ☺) especially as its become an aussie chat thread LOL.

Dd - IL 9 has waist length very fine hair. Once a week she puts leave in conditioner in her hair. This works very well as it seems that knots etc occur more frequently when her hair gets too dry

Have to chime in hair (sorry couldnt help that ☺) especially as its become an aussie chat thread LOL.

Dd - IL 9 has waist length very fine hair. Once a week she puts leave in conditioner in her hair. This works very well as it seems that knots etc occur more frequently when her hair gets too dry
I'm really going to regret posting that my child has troll hair aren't I (heehee I did it too).
Yeah, things with perfumes and such don't do good things to her so I haven't been using conditioner. Sigh.
I do have it sorted, it's only happened a couple of times :D and now that I have different bun versions (sewn in for gym and pins for ballet) it gets redone all the time anyway :)

Dd3 sleeps in a bun nearly every night and as you have seen the size of her bun you can imagine how long and thick her hair is (I'll show you a photo one day - people tend to swear when I take her hair out in front of them) and never had a problem with knots.

Yeah I definitely won't get knots in this scenario either but I've found through having to fix a lot of kids hair, it depends a lot on hair texture. Certain hair textures get knots more easily, or break more easily. Thin, soft hair gets more matted/knotted for example, so I'm not surprised to hear you describe her hair as "fine". I think it's probably that. I have thick hair where the individual strands don't really stick together? Hard to describe it. Doesn't really get knotted much. But I've seen kids develop knots bad enough to possibly need cutting and it wasn't through neglect, like it happened in a day or night. So I can believe it. What I couldn't believe in that thread was that the mom was supposedly just ignoring it and continuing to put it in a bun to hide it. If my kid had a knot that bad that cutting was the only option, then I'd cut it. What's the alternative really? You can't just keep hiding it and letting it get worse, it'll start pulling on the skin on their scalp.

Reactions: sce
What I couldn't believe in that thread was that the mom was supposedly just ignoring it and continuing to put it in a bun to hide it.
Here's how it goes - desperately running late to get organised for gym. Hair has been up for a couple of days because it was still looking neat.
Go to redo hair, because it's been up a couple of days.
Discover felted bit hidden under bun :eek::eek::eek:
Say "Darling, we're running out of time and I'm just going to put this up really quickly" and you redo the bun leaving that bit there to deal with later because you know it won't come out before you need to leave.
Lovely pretty bun once redone.

Then you deal with it later whilst they sit watching TV and you try not to swear getting it out strand by strand and vow that you won't leave their hair in like that again.
So really, I *have* put ignored and hidden one. Sure, you wouldn't want to leave it there again and again and I'm not proud of hiding it, but I did :oops:

That was the thing that said that whatever else, the OP did actually have a child with hair she was putting in a bun, because it's not something that as you have seen, most people would even believe let alone invent!:D:D

Here's how it goes - desperately running late to get organised for gym. Hair has been up for a couple of days because it was still looking neat.
Go to redo hair, because it's been up a couple of days.
Discover felted bit hidden under bun :eek::eek::eek:
Say "Darling, we're running out of time and I'm just going to put this up really quickly" and you redo the bun leaving that bit there to deal with later because you know it won't come out before you need to leave.
Lovely pretty bun once redone.

Then you deal with it later whilst they sit watching TV and you try not to swear getting it out strand by strand and vow that you won't leave their hair in like that again.
So really, I *have* put ignored and hidden one. Sure, you wouldn't want to leave it there again and again and I'm not proud of hiding it, but I did :oops:

That was the thing that said that whatever else, the OP did actually have a child with hair she was putting in a bun, because it's not something that as you have seen, most people would even believe let alone invent!:D:D

Oh I definitely see it happening once and then doing it later but the way that OP was written made it sound like this was some odd, ongoing lifestyle change. If this was going on for weeks or months, time to cut it...but I think we can safely presume it was invented, yeah.

Oh I definitely see it happening once and then doing it later but the way that OP was written made it sound like this was some odd, ongoing lifestyle change. If this was going on for weeks or months, time to cut it...but I think we can safely presume it was invented, yeah.
Working at a child care, i encountered a newly enrolled six year old with a horrid tangle in her hair. Her mother had left her the child to brush her own hair all summer long! The tangle was not visible from the top (lots of hair... straw-like, but otherwise, fine blond).
The child had arrived for her first day at the center at 5am. We would wake them up at 645am (school was going to be starting in two days and the kids needed to eat breakfast and get ready for school... we were getting them "on schedule" for that).
After breakfast, the kids brush teeth and hair, but a teacher has to check hair of those under the age of 9 - arbitrary age decided on by owner who had a 10 year old and a 7 year old, lol. I tried to brush this girl's hair and her brush glossed over the spot - it was truly a baby brush. We had a box of new combs available for emergencies. I used that and spent most of the day working on the tangle. The girl wasn't super happy, but I did NOT hurt her... it would have been quicker if I had. She just had to play where I could reach her head, lol.
I say all of this to point out that, if mom leaves a child in charge (as troll, I mean OP, had stated), then a long-term tangle can happen. It was only when discovered that she hid it, lol.

Gymdog - there are definitely tangly hair types. When my hair was long if I even considered going to bed without plaiting it that would be at least 30 mins fixing in the morning (or the strategic plait/pony/bun to cover up )

I really want to post a picture of my DDs hair now. And I can, coz I'm Australian right??! :p

It looks EXACTLY like those troll dolls. Seriously. She's had about 4 haircuts (trims!) in her life (she's 10!) and it still only just sits near her shoulders, in a mix between dreadlocks and rats tails. I'm so envious of girls with long beautiful hair.

I really want to post a picture of my DDs hair now. And I can, coz I'm Australian right??! :p

It looks EXACTLY like those troll dolls. Seriously. She's had about 4 haircuts (trims!) in her life (she's 10!) and it still only just sits near her shoulders, in a mix between dreadlocks and rats tails. I'm so envious of girls with long beautiful hair.
Puma Jr is eight and has only had maybe 6 or 7 haircuts! It just doesn't grow...:( Her ten year old sister has long beautiful hair half way done her back. But what I wouldn't pay for her blonde!!! We call her hair "Tommy Boy" in the morning... Chris Farley 90s movie...anyone?

yeah, be careful what you wish for, mine all had to have their first haircut at under a year and the boys are on a 6 weekly schedule, including thinning, used to cost me a fortune, till we found a mobile who will do a family shear for a reasonable price

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back