WAG Can I sell my old gymnastics stuff

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can I sell my floor music when I'm done competing. Or even before I'm done, like to someone from another gym. If i send it to them will they
be able to use it for competitions?

And can I sell my comp Leos and warm ups to people to use for competitions? All this stuff cost so much, It would be a waste to not the get money back.

eBay, or another team member.
eBay is a great place to sell gymnastics stuff.
Music is harder......I don't know what the coach would think of it, but I sure someone would want to pay less....

There also might be copyright issues with the music. I wouldn't put that on ebay, but if you can hand it down to a younger teammate, that seems fine.

You would have to either hand the music down for free to a teammate, or perhaps sell the whole thing with the dance....I have seen that maybe once....usually it's a hand me down for the music...

I knew of a coach who used to buy music, and sell the same song repeatedly to different gymnasts, but I was never sure if that was quite above board...

Reactions: sce
Be careful with selling the music. A lot of the floor music websites have a warning about not passing down music or selling it to another girl.

And keep in mind that unless selling your uniform stuff to someone in your own team, it is unlikely it can be worn for competing. I know our handbook specifically states that the comp Leo and warmups are not to be warn for another team. Teams generally have their own uniform anyway. And if it isn't going to be a comp Leo, it isn't going to get but a fraction of what you paid for it.

At our old gym, they did new uniforms every other year. In the repeat uniform years parents would sell out grown leos for about 1/3 of the cost for a new one.

And keep in mind that unless selling your uniform stuff to someone in your own team, it is unlikely it can be worn for competing. I know our handbook specifically states that the comp Leo and warmups are not to be warn for another team. Teams generally have their own uniform anyway. And if it isn't going to be a comp Leo, it isn't going to get but a fraction of what you paid for it.

At our old gym, they did new uniforms every other year. In the repeat uniform years parents would sell out grown leos for about 1/3 of the cost for a new one.
We are selling ours for 1/2 the cost ... especially since many of the girls only wear them for 1 year, it makes sense. I lucked out. Sold a leo and warm ups and am hoping to sell another set of warm ups... and I bought a set of used warm ups... and I made money on the deal (even if the last set doesn't sell, which it should after the sizings last last night after I left) :)

So I can sell my floor routine to another gymnast when I quit? Is that how it works at your gym? Iv never seen two people do the same routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back