Re-Introduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Krystan

Proud Parent
Hi. I'd like to re-introduce myself since I haven't posted in about a year and a half. My daughter quit a week or two after my last post. She just didn't love it any more; in fact she now admits she hadn't even liked it for almost the last year, but was trying to stick it out. I sometimes wonder if she would have lasted longer had we switched to a gym with more positive coaching, or with a decent Xcel option, but who's to say. She's much happier now, and her anxiety is much less, so that's good. She's not as physically active, and she longingly talks about back when she did gym and could eat astounding amounts of food. She also went through puberty and grew half a foot the two months after she quit, but she was so much happier she didn't care.

My son is now taking his turn, so I'm back! He's Level 4, and a pretty old Level 4 at that, and is not a natural like my daughter was, but he loves it and is very committed and dedicated. I learned with dd that that can be more important in the long run. But I've learned to not think about the long run, and just think about the current moment and this season. I've definitely learned lessons from my dd's experience. Also, it seems like the whole system for the boys is way more laid back. Even at our new gym (old one didn't have a boys team), you notice a definite difference in feel between the boys and girls.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting this time around, but I was always glad to come here and get the *final word* on things, my trusted source of gym info!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back