WAG Girls and boys meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coach1234

Coach
So it's that time again we are thinking of coming to the US for our kids to compete, I went to presidential classic this year and what was a very good meet for girls the boys side was low and not much of a challenge for the boys

This time I am looking all over the US not just Florida, what meets are there that are for both boys and girls at a high level of both? Which ones have you been to? What were your experiences? Somewhere that I would be able to take the kids places when we are not training/competing e.g when we were in Florida we went to universal studios

Many thanks :)

Lady Luck in Las Vegas and Spirit of the Flame in San Jose, CA both have boys and girls meets and other things to do. Both are a long way though from across the pond. Maybe something east of the Mississippi would be best.

Reactions: sce
Circle of Stars in Indianapolis, IN
http://www.circleofstars.org/home

Indy (as we call it) is a very clean and family friendly city. Many of the downtown hotels are connected to the venue by enclosed walkways. One of the best places to visit while in Indy is Rhythm: http://rhythmdiscoverycenter.org/ There is also a huge arcade on the top floor of the mall that we visit: http://tiltstudio.com/indianapolis-in/ Even in winter, this ice cream shop is hopping and we always stop by we are in town: https://www.subzeroicecream.com/

High level boys and girls eliminates a lot of meets. I have never seen boys at Lady Luck. it really just depends on who is coming, the two meets in San Diego have high level girls but as for boys, it depends on who signs up. Plenty to do in Sam Diego , we attend both meets each year.

Except it's in Houston , Sorry, been there several times, and the op wants somewhere interesting or at least vacation like. No offense ! :)

One near me is Spirit of the Flame in Santa Clara, CA (45 min from San Fran). 3 day competition with 3 full sets of equipment. More girls than boys, and a lot of CA athletes, but always a handful of international athletes and other states. The last two years, there was a Stanford men's meet the same weekend and many of the male competitors went to watch the Stanford meet (less than 1/2 hr away).

One near me is Spirit of the Flame in Santa Clara, CA (45 min from San Fran). Lots of potential fun to be had in the Bay Area. 3 day competition with 3 full sets of equipment. More girls than boys, and a lot of CA athletes, but always a handful of international athletes and other states. The last two years, there was a Stanford men's meet the same weekend and many of the male competitors went to watch the Stanford meet (less than 1/2 hr away).

Gasparilla Classic in St. Petersburg, Florida is HUGE! They have 6+ sessions going at any given time, 4 on girls side and 2-3 on the boys side. So many different countries are represented.

Except it's in Houston , Sorry, been there several times, and the op wants somewhere interesting or at least vacation like. No offense ! :)
I do take offense as I can read and that is one of the reasons I suggested HNI.
Other that being one of the best run completions we have been to with all levels of competitors from Level 1's to past Olympic participants entering, with multiple boys, girls and T&T events going on at the same time for three days.
Houston also has many things for the tourist to do.
What kid would not like to spend a day at the Houston Space Center seeing and pretending to do the thing a lot of our astronauts did or at least see the paces they trained for them. Also Houston has some of the best Museums in the country. The Houston children's museum is rated the No. 1 in the U.S. by Parents magazine.
Houston has a lot of things to offer the tourist that the other suggested cities do not have yet you did not see fit to insult them.
Also one of the better things is that you will most likely not be freezing your butts off doing the touristy type of things. See the link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Guide-g56003-l212-Houston_Texas.html

I do take offense as I can read and that is one of the reasons I suggested HNI.
Other that being one of the best run completions we have been to with all levels of competitors from Level 1's to past Olympic participants entering, with multiple boys, girls and T&T events going on at the same time for three days.
Houston also has many things for the tourist to do.
What kid would not like to spend a day at the Houston Space Center seeing and pretending to do the thing a lot of our astronauts did or at least see the paces they trained for them. Also Houston has some of the best Museums in the country. The Houston children's museum is rated the No. 1 in the U.S. by Parents magazine.
Houston has a lot of things to offer the tourist that the other suggested cities do not have yet you did not see fit to insult them.
Also one of the better things is that you will most likely not be freezing your butts off doing the touristy type of things. See the link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Guide-g56003-l212-Houston_Texas.html

We have been to HNI twice. Love teh zoo and the whole area around the zoo. Love the gardens, the Galleria. NASA was a great time. We also drove to Galveston and hung out there for a bit. We had a great time there. In addition, you can watch a lot of great gymnastics!

If you chose not to do something interesting while you were here you did not look for something interesting to do. We have one of the most vibrant arts communities in the country, a district full of museums, shopping, parks, festivals, the beach is a short drive away, as is NASA. Yes, we get hot but there is plenty do do inside during the summer months. We have aquariums, a huge zoo and more restaurants you can count. I'm sorry you chose not to take advantage of some of the amazing things our city has to offer.

I hate the phrase "No Offense", it's only used when you know you are offending someone. If you think you need to say " no offense", remember you are being deliberately disrespectful.

If you chose not to do something interesting while you were here you did not look for something interesting to do. We have one of the most vibrant arts communities in the country, a district full of museums, shopping, parks, festivals, the beach is a short drive away, as is NASA. Yes, we get hot but there is plenty do do inside during the summer months. We have aquariums, a huge zoo and more restaurants you can count. I'm sorry you chose not to take advantage of some of the amazing things our city has to offer.

I hate the phrase "No Offense", it's only used when you know you are offending someone. If you think you need to say " no offense", remember you are being deliberately disrespectful.
It's a city , if someone said they didn't like the city I lived in I would not be offended in the slightes, neither would most people. So I don't consider it rude to let the op know that Houston isn't exactly a vacation destination..... Which it is not...

Um..yeah. Gonna ignore the throw down over Houston to give a shout out to Circle of Stars (our boys team attends) and add Ozone Invitational in Knoxville, TN (http://www.ozoneinvitational.com/)

Ozone will be held January 15-18 and has boys, girls, T&T, plus the Collegiate Classic with 4 colleges. They expect around 3500 gymnasts from approximately 15 states. It's a well-run meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back