Parents Bad Night at the GyM

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A lot of girls have left our gym in the last 10 months because of the quality of coaching. I am not new to the gym we have been here for years my daughter competed really well last year but this year I have seen a lot of changes in addition to that they are focused more on the girls who didn't do so well last year and just leaving the ones that are quick learners to figure out somethings on their own.

I was kind of wondering also that xcel and bronze maybe a little different.

MommaLove

A couple of things
1. I don't understand how you are saying she is scoring 8.? When she doesn't compete for a few months?

2. When you say walking across the floor. Do you mean seriously just wandering across the floor to get from A to B (like when they run routines without the tumbling sequences) or that you don't like some of the dance choreography and it looks like she's just walking.
If you have paid for a choreographed routine and they have left out the dance sequences then that is very wrong.
Have you asked your dd if those bits are still being worked (by herself or the choreo - it could be that she is still putting it together herself and walking the bits she hasn't mastered.)

3. No idea about usigc but is there a dance sequence element , (eg requirement of 6 sec dance steps or something), is this covered in her routine. If it is then there is no deduction if elsewhere she isn't dancing.

This whole post leaves me confused... Which is only fueled by contradictory responses by the OP... I feel like it may be lacking some authenticity... ?!? Maybe I'm off base... But.... Something seems off...

There are so many different topics being presented I just expressed how frustrating it is that my DDs routine still has not been modified and we get our routines in the summer not 2 weeks or 2 months before competition.

I've made peace with the whole situation and would rather just move on.

Thanks

MommaLove

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back