Parents Dear beam cartwheel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The thing that helped my DD was making sure her arms were glued by her ears as she came up from the cartwheel. If they weren't next to her ears she was likely to fall. And she can't try to.slow it down or control it. Best of luck!!!
This is so true! Arms by ears and going slow and controlled-same for handstand at the end of the beam.

Good luck!

Dear Balance Beam,

My daughter loves you, she really does. She works very hard when she comes to visit you. Yet year after year, and level after level, your relationship has problems. Please, give her a break. She really works hard to do her best for you. Could you stop moving when she goes for her BHSBHS? All she wants is for you to be there for her every landing. She's giving 100% in the relationship, could you do the same?

Sincerely,
The mom of a beautiful beam worker that loves the beam, but the beam doesn't feel the same way

I love this thread!

Could the bars fairy please be kind to my daughter this weekend? She really wants to qualify for state.

She has her bwo on beam, even her full turn, has her flyaway and her vault is awesome, her tumbling on floor is looking pretty good but that dumb squat on is giving her grief almost every single time at practice and at meets. I would love for her to get to the high bar without falling first.

She had one great bars meet where she put it all together for a 9.45 but has fallen every other time.

She is frustrated that she keeps messing up on something so simple.

I love this thread!

Could the bars fairy please be kind to my daughter this weekend? She really wants to qualify for state.

She has her bwo on beam, even her full turn, has her flyaway and her vault is awesome, her tumbling on floor is looking pretty good but that dumb squat on is giving her grief almost every single time at practice and at meets. I would love for her to get to the high bar without falling first.

She had one great bars meet where she put it all together for a 9.45 but has fallen every other time.

She is frustrated that she keeps messing up on something so simple.
Sending good mojo!!! Puma Jr had MAJOR squat on issues...hit it fine the first 2 meets last year, then DISASTER....magically hit it for states (and got her best score ever!) then...gone, gone, GONE!!! Now it's been totally fine for the last couple months, and hopefully it's here to stay! Good luck!!! She'll get it!!!

Dear gym fairies,

For the love of gymnastics, can you please remind my daughter to KEEP HER ARMS BY HER EARS at all relevant times? The private lesson she had on this topic was helpful, but not sufficient. Your attention to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Very truly yours,
mommyof1

DD is in very equal relationships. She feels the same about the beam as it does about her (and she gets along really well with floor).
c493303d52e5cb346f9e4ec197daa622.jpg

Dear Kip fairy, please visit my daughter. Emma. She has been trying to meet u for well over a year, has most certainly learned lessons of perseverance, dedication, and never giving up. She has done extra conditioning at home, and has always kept the faith that someday u will visit.
From her mom, who would given up long ago

Dear Kip fairy, please visit my daughter. Emma. She has been trying to meet u for well over a year, has most certainly learned lessons of perseverance, dedication, and never giving up. She has done extra conditioning at home, and has always kept the faith that someday u will visit.
From her mom, who would given up long ago
Puma Jr's "kip birthday" is Oct 23 and it's still a hot mess....c'mon Fairies!!!!

Dear Beam fairy,
Thank you SO much for your kind visit this week! Now that you have instilled my daughter with the confidence she needs, and skills are slowly regaining ground, please feel free to go visit all the gyms my friends at Chalkbucket frequent on a regular basis. You are loved, and we must share this love around the world, so you know how many gymnasts and parents appreciate you! Hugs. Kisses. And chocs.:D

...and ps...if you happen to see the Bar fairy, could you tell her we are doing well over here, but would love just a bit of pixie dust to shake the rust out? Thanks!

What's her kip birthday?
Lol just me obsessing....she first "got" a kip last year on Oct 23. I know this because how long it was taking came up on another thread. So I looked back to when I posted it. At least it's consistent now, but still really muscled. So when the fairy FINALLY makes it pretty and straight armed I shall rejoice! Even if that means it took 365 (or more!!!) days...

Lol just me obsessing....she first "got" a kip last year on Oct 23. I know this because how long it was taking came up on another thread. So I looked back to when I posted it. At least it's consistent now, but still really muscled. So when the fairy FINALLY makes it pretty and straight armed I shall rejoice! Even if that means it took 365 (or more!!!) days...
I dare say most kids DON'T have a kip birthday....sigh.....

I dare say most kids DON'T have a kip birthday....sigh.....
Now I get it :)
We had one girl who took so long to get it that when she did, her mom made cupcakes and they had noisemakers and everything!!!
She called them kipcakes, and they each had a letters on top that spelled out
"Kip, Kip Hooray!"

Everyone at their own pace. Once that fairy visits Puma Jr again, they're going to be so straight and so pretty that you will actually start to forget that there was a time that they weren't :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back