Parents Dear beam cartwheel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Everyone at their own pace. Once that fairy visits Puma Jr again, they're going to be so straight and so pretty that you will actually start to forget that there was a time that they weren't :)
Loving this thread but on a serious note

This is my mantra with my girl.

I always point her back to previous skills, the gorgeous and "easy" BHS, that was once hard and pretty ugly. Or the video of her ugly cartwheels at 3 that seemed to take a lifetime to get. And then one day it's Wow, that was so pretty, when did that happen.

Mrs Puma, I am a horrible parent I only know the kip came sometime late winter of 15.

I just had to go look! Kipper's coach sent me a video the night of her first kip, which I still have. It's stamped April 5, 2013. Never thought about celebrating it's birthday. But Kipper still insists on being called Kipper..2+ years later. That darn skill took 10 months to learn, and another 10 to look pretty.

Lol just me obsessing....she first "got" a kip last year on Oct 23. I know this because how long it was taking came up on another thread. So I looked back to when I posted it. At least it's consistent now, but still really muscled. So when the fairy FINALLY makes it pretty and straight armed I shall rejoice! Even if that means it took 365 (or more!!!) days...

You made me curious, so I had to look up when DD got her first kip ..... I guess we just past the 2 year mark (sept 30 '13). And we didn't even celebrate the anniversary! ;)
And don't worry, you will definitely get other heartaches for your child.

I just had to go look! Kipper's coach sent me a video the night of her first kip, which I still have. It's stamped April 5, 2013. Never thought about celebrating it's birthday. But Kipper still insists on being called Kipper..2+ years later. That darn skill took 10 months to learn, and another 10 to look pretty.
That makes me feel so much better!!!

Now I get it :)
We had one girl who took so long to get it that when she did, her mom made cupcakes and they had noisemakers and everything!!!
She called them kipcakes, and they each had a letters on top that spelled out
"Kip, Kip Hooray!"

Everyone at their own pace. Once that fairy visits Puma Jr again, they're going to be so straight and so pretty that you will actually start to forget that there was a time that they weren't :)
This is the greatest idea EVER!!! Kip cakes! Lol it!!!!

Now I get it :)
We had one girl who took so long to get it that when she did, her mom made cupcakes and they had noisemakers and everything!!!
She called them kipcakes, and they each had a letters on top that spelled out
"Kip, Kip Hooray!"

Ok, I LOVE this...it's adorable!!!

My DD knows the exact date she started gym, started team, had her first comp, got her kip.. See a pattern? Lol. I don't specifically remember dates but she's got a thing for it.

Well then I am right up there with you in dorkdom, because I know the exact day also...because my daughter will NOT let me forget it. Also, DH was out of town, and didn't understand what the big deal was when we sent him the video...um...where was the bang the head on the wall icon when I needed one...lol.
Oh, poor Puma does a lot of shaking his head and sighing...

Dear Giant fairy, please visit my dd really soon, as she only has 11 more days to get it, otherwise she will be competing 6 not 7 this year. :( Even though she did 7 last year.:confused:

Well, the bar fairy came and helped dd to a 9.4 on level 5 bars. I sure wish the beam fairy could have showed up for a while, too. She fell on her bwo and she has never done so in a meet. I think she went too fast :(

She still placed 2nd AA and gets to go to State. She also got a 9.55 on vault for her best ever in level 4 or 5.

Well, the bar fairy came and helped dd to a 9.4 on level 5 bars. I sure wish the beam fairy could have showed up for a while, too. She fell on her bwo and she has never done so in a meet. I think she went too fast :(

She still placed 2nd AA and gets to go to State. She also got a 9.55 on vault for her best ever in level 4 or 5.
9.4 on level 5 bars is worth 5 million bar fairies!!

Awesome!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back