Parents JO to T&T

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmomto2

Proud Parent
Just curious if any gymnasts have gone from competing JO to T&T? What level would they start in or would they have to start at L1? I don't know anything about the T&T program.

I don't think anyone starts at L1 in t&t, to be honest. What level of JO are they coming from? Most of the kids who come from artistic seem to start around L6/7 but in t&t you can jump kids into competition at any level up to 7. It just depends on where their coaches think they'll fit best. Usually kids coming from artistic seem to be a higher level on tumbling to start, but their other events catch up quick. The nice thing is that you can compete a different level on each event, so it's not a big deal.

My DD also went from JO to T&T. She was training Level 3. She did Level 4 tumbling to start because she just had 1 robhs. She moved to L5 mid season where you need 4 robhs. For tramp and DM she did L 5 which required a BT and a FT. She loves T&T and does not miss artistic at all. It is great option.

What level in JO?

Generally, JO kids have a pretty easy time transitioning into T&T, and whatever level they are in JO they'll probably be able to do at least that level in T&T (or even a level higher) without too much trouble.

What level in JO?

Generally, JO kids have a pretty easy time transitioning into T&T, and whatever level they are in JO they'll probably be able to do at least that level in T&T (or even a level higher) without too much trouble.

Level 7. Just trying to see what's out there if she changes her mind & wants to try something else. How many hours do they train at that Level?

A JO level 7 will find T&T up to at least level 7 to be a cakewalk. Fewer hours, easier workouts, comparatively easier routines.

Kipper's former team mate left WAG (L7) and went to power tumbling only. She is now L10 training elite, and practices about 10 hours per week. She is thriving in gym and at school, and is now able to participate in lots of other school activities. It was a great transition for her. Kipper also competed power tumbling for one year. She was L4 in WAG and competed L6 in tumbling. Tons of fun, and there are lots of great opportunities for TNT athletes.

How long did it take her to get to L10 once she made the switch? And how old was she? Just curious...
Well...she had actually been in TNT before WAG..and continued to do tumbling while in WAG. So, she was L9/10 tumbling while L7 WAG at 12 years old. She also has better than average talent for tumbling. Had Kipper continued with tumbling, the plan was to skip L7 and have her compete L8. She is a powerful tumbler (see my posts about bars if you want to know her weakness!!!), and only needed to add some twisting to be ready for L8. So, I think a good tumbler could move quickly through the mid levels to "optionals" in tumbling (L8+). There are some differences that would take some time to master. If not already training them, she would have to learn whips which are necessary for L7+ tumbling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back