WAG Question about team wear?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The coaches decide. We don't even decide the size... the coaches size the girls and order what they need.

I'm fine with that. It actually never occurred to me that it would be any other way. I think opening up voting amongst parents is a good way to cause all kinds of unnecessary drama.:cool:

The coaches decide. We don't even decide the size... the coaches size the girls and order what they need.

I'm fine with that. It actually never occurred to me that it would be any other way. I think opening up voting amongst parents is a good way to cause all kinds of unnecessary drama.:cool:

This. And dd has been at different gyms and they have all worked this way.

This just makes me Mad :mad:
Yah... they were able to raise the price by $100 for it being special order...and we had two girls join the team mid-season and we could not even order the leos at all then - for any price. Luckily, we were able to work out an arrangement where my OG got a larger leo from a girl who retired, one of the girls took her smaller leo, and the other girl borrowed the old style with the velvet from OG.

We have no input whatsoever into the leos or track suits that are chosen. I'm fine with that, I assume that if parents got involved nothing would get done.

Parents also don't necessarily have the experience to know what styles will look good on a range of body types, what kinds of adornments are likely to be seen as too plain or too much by area judges, and what kinds of leos are likely to hold up well through the season.

The coaches decide what leotards and warm ups we get at my gym. As far as spirit wear, from what I can tell its up to the booster club. Optionals did each get to choose their sleeve color a few years back. I do wish the parents would of gotten some input for L1 and L2 leotards this year though! Their new leotard is black Lycra with a very plain sequin design of the gym name. It honestly looks like a practice leotard, the rec end of the year show leotards were fancier than them! That's just my 2 cents, I'm hoping my xcel leotard isn't the same one.

Leos...coaches, warm-ups...coaches, spritwear...coaches Spot the trend? ;) Gym isn't picky about most stuff, but how they look at meets is very important to them. Although the older girls do give their input on the leo design/colors every year. Parents just get a swatch to look at and a bill to pay...

The coaches should definitely choose. I know parents sometimes want input, but I don't think it's a good idea. The reality is you can please some people some of the time. I think it's great if the coach gets some input from the athletes and is conscious of price concerns on the parent side. I don't know why gym parents think they should be able to design the uniforms. I don't think you'd expect this in any other sport.

The coaches should definitely choose. I know parents sometimes want input, but I don't think it's a good idea. The reality is you can please some people some of the time. I think it's great if the coach gets some input from the athletes and is conscious of price concerns on the parent side. I don't know why gym parents think they should be able to design the uniforms. I don't think you'd expect this in any other sport.
We had a design competition for our high school softball uniforms. And I love playing around with leotard designs :) ... and football uniform designs and baseball uniform designs and volleyball uniform designs and cheer uniform designs, lol

Our coach usually chooses ours, along with input from other owners.

For this season the booster club helped to pay for it so I think they had some say in how much was spent on leo and warm-up.

coaches. period. They might show the gymnasts, or ask an opinion, but that is it. That's the division of responsibility: Coaches decide, parents pay, kids wear.
That is pretty much us.

Coaches may ask for input, but they have final say. When they do ask for input it is usually the girls in the higher levels, ahh the reward of seniority.............:D

Our HC and our leo company rep do the sizing. I actually don't know what size competition leo they ordered for DD. I simply write the check. I figure that it is better that way. If the leo doesn't fit, I am not the one responsible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back