Parents Dear beam cartwheel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beam fairy showed up, but apparently the judges just hated my daughter's floor routine. She was literally tenthed to death. Devastating for her to start the meet off that way. She rallied and ended up doing really well, but still hasn't qualified for state and is starting to lose hope.

Beam fairy showed up, but apparently the judges just hated my daughter's floor routine. She was literally tenthed to death. Devastating for her to start the meet off that way. She rallied and ended up doing really well, but still hasn't qualified for state and is starting to lose hope.
I'm sorry!! Poor kid...glad she rallied though! This sport really does teach resilience..what does she need to qualify? I feel like our qualifying scores are pretty low compared to a lot of you guys. Good luck!!! Maybe there's a state qualifying fairy..:)

It's rough. No one from my ODDs L5 team qualified for states yet. It's hard for them, I know. Last year they ended up having to lower the qual score twice to get enough kids at the meet. Hopefully the next meet is the magic meet!

Awwww. It's great that she was able to recover and finish the meet strong after a disappointing start. Hang in there, mom!

I'm sorry!! Poor kid...glad she rallied though! This sport really does teach resilience..what does she need to qualify? I feel like our qualifying scores are pretty low compared to a lot of you guys. Good luck!!! Maybe there's a state qualifying fairy..:)

Dang. Seriously? Well, I guess every state has its requirements...
I'm not really sure why they're so low. I know we're not the strongest area, but this seems a lot different than most of you guys!
image.jpeg

wow that's a tough score! In our state we need a 30.00 AA to qualify to States for Levels 3-5. L6-8 needs a 31 and 9/10 need 32.

We don't have a particular score requirement for State but there are so many kids in our state that each district is only allowed a certain number of kids. Our district has fewer kids than say, the Dallas or Houston, so more from our area will qualify compared to # of kids. It is a percentage based on AA score and how many are in the district.

It's great that possibly all 5s from our district will be able to go but it will certainly be hard for those scoring 32 to compete against those in more highly concentrated districts with girls scoring more 37s and 38s.

There may be a score set by a particular gym. A local one only sends, for example, their second year level 4s. They want them to be able to score higher and place among those scoring in the high 30s.

Minimum score just gets you to states and generates more entry fees. :D

Kids will not be placing with 28s or 32s. But they do get to go.

You are still going to need 37s close to 38s and better to place. And that includes Xcel as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back