Parents Dear beam cartwheel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Minimum score just gets you to states and generates more entry fees. :D

Kids will not be placing with 28s or 32s. But they do get to go.

You are still going to need 37s close to 38s and better to place. And that includes Xcel as well.

So true! I couldn't believe it cost $150 for State. Maybe it was that high previous years and I've conveniently blocked it out :)

Mine scored a 37 at one meet this season; I am hoping she can pull it off again right when she needs to.

So true! I couldn't believe it cost $150 for State. Maybe it was that high previous years and I've conveniently blocked it out :)

Mine scored a 37 at one meet this season; I am hoping she can pull it off again right when she needs to.
True, 37+ to place at states. But in the last 4 years, I've never seen a L5/old L6, with a qualifying minimum score, not make it to state in TX. Imo, L4 state is the hardest to make! The yr dd competed new L4 (2013), I believe the lowest score advancing to state in her division was rt around a 36!

True, 37+ to place at states. But in the last 4 years, I've never seen a L5/old L6, with a qualifying minimum score, not make it to state in TX. Imo, L4 state is the hardest to make! The yr dd competed new L4 (2013), I believe the lowest score advancing to state in her division was rt around a 36!

L4 states was tough- we went through that last year. There is some pretty tough competition.

L4 states was tough- we went through that last year. There is some pretty tough competition.
Most definitely! And I heard today, that our district (3) is the most stacked with L4 athletes and therefore, will be much harder to advance this year. Good luck to all those girls!

Xcel here currently does not have a score requirement. Just a "2 sanctions meet" participation requirement. But I sense that may change.

Our state score as I understand it is based on the previous years score distributions at that level to the "guarantee" of how many kids make state.

Yesterday was DDs big day. We had a heck of a time getting to the meet due to a major accident and flash flood weather. We made it just as warm ups were starting. And of course. What's up first? Beam. Friday nights practice was awful. Ended in tears and she was so frustrated by that stupid cartwheel. But. She rocked it and nabbed her first beam score over 9! Qualified for state and our carpool buddy took first on beam. It was so nice to see them so happy.

Would someone like to send the beam fairy my daughters way to help her with her cartwheel on the beam, poor thing has been trying to get it for 6 months :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back