Parents OT: voice lessons

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
Some of you have previously mentioned that your DDs chose to take voice as a non-gym activity.

What age did they start? Group setting or individual? Once a week? Approximate cost?

I think its important to have a non-gym activity, especially one that isn't very taxing on the body.
Not to mention she's singing in her room right now ...... with the door shut ..... very, very loudly. Perhaps it would just be cheaper to invest in ear plugs?

I used to teach voice (was a voice major in college). I preferred my students to be late elementary age (10-12) but had a few younger. I charged $125 month for one half hour lesson a week. I had a private studio, but you can find some dance/performing arts schools that offer lessons and sometimes music stores do too.

Dd sings like an angel so her voice teacher started her at 8, changed this year to guitar ( same teacher ) as she wants to be able to write music & play to the songs she makes up.....also did clarinet through school for several terms....parental medal needed as she practised on the long trip to gym...

ODD used to take private vocal lessons, when she was around 9-10. They were pretty expensive, I think we paid $50 for half an hour.

My oldest is a beautiful singer but has never had lessons. We have been told numerous times to wait until she is partway or all the way through puberty. I'm not sure the reason behind this but I was kind of glad we didn't have to worry about them! They were costly and with two gymnasts, an equestrian and a dancer...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back