Off Topic Makeup at meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd12 was THRILLED to leave behind the stage makeup, false eyelashes, tights, 4 different pairs of shoes, and itchy costumes when she switched from competitive dance to competitive gymnastics. She hasn't asked for glitter, and I'm not about to suggest it!

Our teens wear makeup - it's not mandatory, but most do. About the same amount of makeup that an adult would wear in every day life. Neutral eye shadow, light eyeliner and mascara...foundation, blush, maybe a lighter shade of lipstick or gloss (nothing bright or stage makeup like). Many at least need the foundation to cover acne or even skin tone - I'm wondering how the older girls feel about that for those of you at gyms w/ a no makeup rule?
They don't care at my dd's gym...the rule is there, so they follow it.

No rules at our gym. Glitter isn't very popular (and I think compulsory coaches discourage it) at our gym. My 13 year old still doesn't wear makeup yet so she doesn't wear it at meets either. No rule against it, most of her teammates do, but they also wear in regular life, too.

This has never really come up at our gym or at home, so I'm not sure if there is a 'rule'.
DD wears nail polish on her toes all the time, but takes it off for comps (not allowed). But make-up - no interest at all. I don't see any of the other girls wearing it in the gym (goodness knows how it would stay on, sometimes they all come out purple!) and I don't think they wear it/much for comps either. Not noticeably anyway.
I don't wear make-up myself day to day, maybe that makes a difference?

The ones who do seem to wear a bit are the little first time comp girls - they often come with lipstick and a load of sparkle, but once it gets serious that seems to stop.

DD likes glitter in her hair, though we use a glitter gel (it seems to stay in her hair vs coming off all over her clothes, the mats, my bathroom, etc. like the spray does). No make-up. I think maybe the optional girls wear some light makeup but I haven't really paid attention.

My DD only discovered glitter last spring (she's 13). And she stayed on the beam and got her "all 9s". So, of COURSE, can any of you guess since then??? Yup, now glitter is mandatory...
I always thought we couldn't do glitter, but DD begged one meet. I texted asst coach that morning and asked if it was okay and her answer was "ABSOLUTELY!".
She'll wear a little eye make up - a sparkly color that matches her leo, but that's it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back