Predictions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Let's have some fun. Make your predictions about what happens at the Olympics, and we'll revisit this thread afterward and see who's calls were correct.

My predictions:
MEN'S AA: Uchimura takes first
MEN'S TEAM: Japan takes first, China second
MEN'S FX: Shirai takes first
MEN'S VT: Dragalescu sticks his first vault, crashes his second
WOMEN'S AA: Biles takes first
WOMEN'S TEAM: USA takes first

I think the best our men can hope for is bronze.

Our women, however, should be able to get the gold.

Here are my more detailed team predictions:

Gold: Japan
Silver/Bronze: China/UK (I could see this going either way, but if I had to put money on one or the other I'd put mine on China getting silver)
If the USA has a really good day and China and/or the UK has a really bad one, we might be in the running for bronze, but I think 4th or 5th for the American men is more likely.

I think we have some good depth of boys coming through, wouldn't put money on Max not medaling.

Barring serious injury Uchimura has to be unstopable. Would love to see Epke Zonderland medal on bars, I just love watching him, but tend not to breathe whilst he performs.

USA women's wins gold.
Biles wins all around
Unexpected new member of U.S. team (possibly one of the Jr's moving up) makes for a surprisingly strong showing.
(Disclaimer: I don't really know what the hell I am talking about, but the first two didn't seem as farfetched/risky, so I went for broke and threw out a wildcard one).

I would also love to see Dragalescu win on vault, because, well a) cause he is a legend, b) cause he is the reason we as a family got into gymnastics when my 6 year old boy saw him at the Olympics many years ago and c) cause kudos to the old man for still having it !

Awful news for team GB about Brinn Bevan and his horrible injury this week. He's been such a rising star and right on time for Rio. Poor guy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-bvEwzyBmG/?taken-by=brinnbevan

Breaks your heart to hear of these incidents with athletes we know work so hard.

I must note that I was touched that in his Instagram note, he was so forthcoming about his feelings, "...I've found myself constantly in tears..." Being a strong male athlete and also so open about his feelings, including crying, is a great role model for humanity. Thank you, young man.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back