WAG Greeting judges?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We do a Continuous format... they don't call it Modified Capital Cup anymore because there is only 1 Competition Beam, 1 Floor, 1 Vault, 1 set of bars.
We do bump in on Beam and Floor for all levels.
Beam is 1 gymnast between routines for the appropriate amount of time. Floor is 3-5 between routines... 2 - 3 diagonal passes and 2 sets of lines.
We do block warm ups on Vault and Bars.
Before our first gymnast competes an event, the entire team presents to the judge (even though there are still girls that haven't warmed up yet).

I thought in MCC there was only one set of competition equipment. Warm up, compete on same equipment? Or at least that is the way it is for the meets my ds has been to.

For girls there are usually two beams, two unevens, and two vaults. And again, in floor some areas do a tumbling strip for floor warm up, my state pretty much exclusively uses the bump in format.

So a flight warms up and competes on equipment set one, once they start competing the second flight starts warm up on equipment set 2. When the judges finish on set 1, they move to another judging table for set 2 and judge the second flight, while first flight from the previous apparatus rotates to set 1 and it starts over again.

In capital cup there are two gyms, a warm up gym and a competition gym, so you warmed up and then came out to the gym and did a touch. Then from that came modified capital cup where there are two sets of competition equipment and you just warmed up on the equipment you compete on. Pretty much everywhere for USAG girls has now settled on that as being the most efficient meet format.

Our gym does MCC, but we only have one bar, one beam, one vault. So I guess that was waht I was thinking of for MCC. Boys don't do a lot of bump in, too chaotic.

Reactions: sce
Our gym does MCC, but we only have one bar, one beam, one vault. So I guess that was waht I was thinking of for MCC. Boys don't do a lot of bump in, too chaotic.

Well a lot of times when you're in an actual gym as opposed to an outside venue there's only one vault. Sometimes only one bar, usually two beams. So you just warm up when it's your flights turn immediately preceding competition.

Usual around here, too (reg 6). Same procedure as others have stated, less than a minute and I think the girls like it. Having trouble quoting, but earlier in the thread someone posted about a team of 6yo lv 4s. Thought you had to be 7? Or is that just in my region? Or maybe I'm mistaken.
Hi Mish....you are not mistaken, our twin 6 year olds will be turning 7 prior to our meet season. The girls are very excited for their meets to begin.

Just curious on why you see some teams go up and greet the judges on each event. Does it help improve scores or anything? Our team doesn't greet them. At the meet this weekend I saw a few teams that did.

At our meets, it seems they approach the judges table before the first event. The entire squad, not just by gym. I also think it's so the judges can say have fun, good luck etc! It's all or none, not determined by coach/gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back