WAG Dreamlight Sale!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Are the comfortable? My child has denounced GK in favor of Plum because they feel so much better. How does Dreamlight compare?

Dd's old comp leo came from dreamlight. Beautifully made. Held up really well and fit well too. I think she has had a couple practice Leos from there too in the past.

My ODD loves the look and cut of the dreamlight leos, but they are definitely not the most comfortable material. When it comes to that my ODD falls to Rebecca's Mom and my YDD to Powerchix. The dreamlights are we'll made and definitely worth trying for the sale prices ($10-15). They tend to be more generously cut that AF or GK. My YDD wears an AXL in GK but an AM in dreamlight- so make sure to measure.

If my child works out in AXS and competes in CL (GK leos), does anyone have enough experience to be able to guess whether she'd be 12-14 or AXS? If it helps, she's got a pretty short torso and is slim through chest and hips, though definitely not a little girl anymore. If I measure her, she'll know. ;)

If my child works out in AXS and competes in CL (GK leos), does anyone have enough experience to be able to guess whether she'd be 12-14 or AXS? If it helps, she's got a pretty short torso and is slim through chest and hips, though definitely not a little girl anymore. If I measure her, she'll know. ;)
I am not sure, but if it helps, I had measured my dd a week ago for a dress, so I still had those numbers...and at 46 " tall and 47 pounds along with her numbers she matches up to the 6x-7.

Well, you can compare the GK and Dreamlight size charts:
Dreamlight-
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.07.51 PM.png

GK-
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.08.04 PM.png

So if she wears a CL as sleek fit/AXS growing room, her measurements should be something like this:
chest 29-31 (DL 12-14)
hips 30-31 (right in-between DL 12-14 and ADXS)
waist 23-25 (DL 12-14)
girth 49-51 (DL 12-14)

So her measurements would put her in a 12-14, but if she likes it less tight for practice (and you want her to have it for awhile), I'd get the ADXS. Worse case, it's too big and she wears shorts with it or waits a few months.

My daughter and her teammates have found the Dreamlight 10-12 to be very equivalent to GK Child Large. This is my DD's size. She is 4 foot 8 1/2 with long legs. She still has a little growing room in the Dreamlight 10-12. It will be a while before she moves up to the Dreamlight 12-14. I bought a 12-14 once (thinking growing room would be good) but it was considerably bigger. Had to return.

My guess is the DL 12-14 would be closest to the GK AXS.

ETA: My experience is only with the "Mystique" Dreamlight leos. I have not ordered a Lycra or Velour style, which may fit/stretch somewhat differently.

Go down one practice size.......mine is GK CL or 10-12. She can still wear the 10-12, but it's a bit baggy.....the 8-10 fits well

Why does GK and dreamlight rip everyone off with the shipping? I bought a leotard a few weeks ago from GK and shipping was more expensive than the Leo!!!!!
13-16 shipping???? I ordered 4 things with dreamlight and it was 15.... Still expensive when most places charge $5 or so.....

It was still worth it though.....the GK Leo ended up costing me $25, which is cheaper than eBay even.

Thanks for the sale info! I got 4 Leo's for $52 shipped. Can't beat that. DD has a few dreamlight leos already- she likes the velvet ones. One (or 4) gift down...now if I could just get a deal on American Girls Dolls.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back