WAG falling on beam series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
If the series is a BWO BWO, where do they continue if they fall on the 1st BWO? What about the 2nd?
Most likely, DD would miss her feet entirely.

I am assuming she is a level 7? If she falls on the first one, she should either repeat it and do the entire series as normal, or if she is likely to fall on the first BWO again, she could hold a handstand for 2 sec and connect it to the second BWO.
If she falls on the second and misses her feet entirely, she would not receive credit for the second BWO and therefore would not get credit for a series. However, she cannot repeat the BWO BWO series because the third BWO would not receive credit, so the series still would not count. In this situation, she would have to do a 2 sec handstand hold into a BWO for her series to receive credit.

oh wow- thats very interesting. didnt know that. dd will compete first level 7 meet in january. i'll have to ask her if she knows that. they do BWO BHS- same rules apply, i guess?

oh wow- thats very interesting. didnt know that. dd will compete first level 7 meet in january. i'll have to ask her if she knows that. they do BWO BHS- same rules apply, i guess?
It's the same other than the last part. If she were to miss both feet on the BHS, she could repeat the BWO-BHS and still get credit because it's two different elements, so she'd only be doing two BWO and one BHS (since the 1st wouldn't get credit), which is fine.

I am assuming she is a level 7? If she falls on the first one, she should either repeat it and do the entire series as normal, or if she is likely to fall on the first BWO again, she could hold a handstand for 2 sec and connect it to the second BWO.
If she falls on the second and misses her feet entirely, she would not receive credit for the second BWO and therefore would not get credit for a series. However, she cannot repeat the BWO BWO series because the third BWO would not receive credit, so the series still would not count. In this situation, she would have to do a 2 sec handstand hold into a BWO for her series to receive credit.

Great, thanks! DD has been having issues with her BWO recently, and beam coach has had her practice some HS BWO - which is probably 'just in case' of a fall.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back