Parents Cute points??? Do they exist?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And while we're at it, they give hair points, right? And when are they going to introduce parent medals?
Lol! Yes! I'm actually half way decent at doing my older daughter's hair since she did competitive dance, but poor Puma Jrs is blonde, super thin and barley longer than shoulder length despite only having like 8 haircuts in her life! I want a medal for being quasi-successful with all her crazy hair requests! Haha!

Lol! Yes! I'm actually half way decent at doing my older daughter's hair since she did competitive dance, but poor Puma Jrs is blonde, super thin and barley longer than shoulder length despite only having like 8 haircuts in her life! I want a medal for being quasi-successful with all her crazy hair requests! Haha!
image.jpeg This was her request for states in May-puff/braids/bun (and sparkles, of course). Not bad for a girl who played softball, right?! Lol
image.jpeg

I am convinced that some enterprising hairstylist could make a killing by offering $5 buns before meets. I would gladly pay to have someone else do that. I'm terrible at it.
One year that we hosted our district championship meet, we rented space to vendors... one was a beautician who would do hairstyles by request for $15. Several Dutch braids, some buns, some spiderwebs, feathers weaved into French braids, etc.

One year that we hosted our district championship meet, we rented space to vendors... one was a beautician who would do hairstyles by request for $15. Several Dutch braids, some buns, some spiderwebs, feathers weaved into French braids, etc.
Wow. That is SO cool!!

My youngest always scores high on floor and her coaches say she gets "cutie points" because she is always smiling during her routine. In fact at one meet the judges completed feedback cards and her card for two events referenced her being so cute and loving her smile. They encouraged her to continue smiling.

I wouldn't call that cute points (they do not exist).....what that is, is judges recognizing personality and giving presentation points. If a girl "sells" a routine and looks like she is loving what she does the judges take notice. Does not matter if gymmie is a teeny lil one or a more mature athlete. They enjoy good presentation with lots of personality.

Before team finals at State this year, I did matching dutch braids around all the girls heads, and their coaches to match. It was really cute, but we couldn't tell them apart, save for the shortest and tallest, lol. People tell me all the time they'll pay me to fix their kids hair. A booth isn't a bad idea, lol!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back