WAG How do you wash your competition Leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I handwash all DD's leos in cold saltwater. I pay extra attention to the heavy use areas, and will spot clean those with woolite. Her leos hold up very well, and some that she's used for more than 2 years (she's a slow grower) still look almost new.

We just got wash instructions for my daughter and it has to be washed in salt ,( snowflake brand) I have never washed any of my girls comp Leos this way , I always did it gentle cycle , inside out on cold in large amount of water.

Our Snowflake leos get washed like all our others. As long as there isn't a big color contrast it hasn't mattered... of course, we don't buy ones with big color differences (and they have that laundry stuff that prevents color bleeding from getting on the clothes).

I only wash mine using water which has been purified by running through volcanic lava, and I add natural salt that has dried for 3 weeks on limestone rocks. The detergent is made from flowers collected at night by the light of a full moon by monks in their 3rd year of training or higher, and then carefully purified according to an ancient set of rituals. After dipping in the special water for precisely 1.3 minutes, I carefully infiltrate a little of the detergent, then immediately remove the leotard and place between towels made from the wool of Alpacas aged less than 2 years. I then replace the leotard in the water (26 seconds this time), remove and dry between silk and cotton, before delicately placing on hangars made of high-grade non-acidic polymer.

Does anyone else think that some leotard manufacturers might be slightly exaggerating the care needed so that when there is some bleeding, because they have failed to carefully select their fabrics to actually be appropriate for the task of being sports apparel, they can blame it on the fact that you have failed to follow the ridiculous instructions to the letter?

I machine wash all practice leos, some inside out.......and I have WELL water, and not a single leotard has been ruined. I let them pile up, which forces my DD to use the many leos she has, and then I wash all of them by themselves with some woolite. Hang dry.....

Competition Leo traditionally the same way except now I have an expensive DL Leo and it has ridiculous instructions. I have never had an issue with any other DL leotard machine washing it even in my well water.....we will see how I end up washing it. Most likely hand wash in my well water.....ps my well water comes from the same place as Maleficent's monks.

My daughters comp leo has no rhinestones. It goes cold water delicate with a color catcher sheet. Our washer does not have a mechanical agitator

If it had rhinestones, it would be done in the sink, also with a color catcher sheet.

We have had just about every brand out there. But this year our Leo (Alpha F) came with crazy washing instructions. Basically don't wash it, it could run, lose gemstones, etc. Anyone else have Leo's that are hard to manage or bleed? What is the best way to wash them? Do you really have to wash these type of Leo's in the sink? Will the washer on gentle really ruin it or is that overkill?

You must have gotten the exact one we have! LOL! Alpha Factor also. White and Bright purple. One girl tried to pass hers down from last year, except that the white was purple because of how she washed it. Now I'm scared to death to wash DD's!
I've been told by one mom that she puts the crotch in a sink of cold water and woolite and sudses it out, then towel blots to dry then lies it flat.
sounds easy enough. yeah, right! Not so much when you've seen the possible outcome :(

I only wash mine using water which has been purified by running through volcanic lava, and I add natural salt that has dried for 3 weeks on limestone rocks. The detergent is made from flowers collected at night by the light of a full moon by monks in their 3rd year of training or higher, and then carefully purified according to an ancient set of rituals. After dipping in the special water for precisely 1.3 minutes, I carefully infiltrate a little of the detergent, then immediately remove the leotard and place between towels made from the wool of Alpacas aged less than 2 years. I then replace the leotard in the water (26 seconds this time), remove and dry between silk and cotton, before delicately placing on hangars made of high-grade non-acidic polymer.
THIS MADE ME LAUGH!!!

Does anyone else think that some leotard manufacturers might be slightly exaggerating the care needed so that when there is some bleeding, because they have failed to carefully select their fabrics to actually be appropriate for the task of being sports apparel, they can blame it on the fact that you have failed to follow the ridiculous instructions to the letter?
ABSOLUTELY.

You can definitely tell who washes their leos gently and who doesn't at our gym. There was one family who seemed to just toss them in with towels or something, this kids leos looked like they had been through several kids (and possibly war and famin...) a few weeks after she got them...! Nobody wanted to purchase her comp leos second hand because of how awful they looked.
In contrast, a different family always takes awesome care of their leos and we jokingly say we should all just send our comp leos to their house to be washed..! ;)

We have had just about every brand out there. But this year our Leo (Alpha F) came with crazy washing instructions. Basically don't wash it, it could run, lose gemstones, etc. Anyone else have Leo's that are hard to manage or bleed? What is the best way to wash them? Do you really have to wash these type of Leo's in the sink? Will the washer on gentle really ruin it or is that overkill?
I always wash my daughter's leo in a lingerie bag. Her leo is all dark colors with a lot of rhinestones. I wash with other leos/gym shorts in cold water with regular laundry detergent and then I lay flat to dry. I've never had a problem with rhinestones falling out or bleeding colors (Though with darks I don't think I"d notice). I actually think the instructions say DON'T hand wash. Did it really say don't wash it?! I wash after every meet! Good luck!!

Nearly spit my coffee out all over my kids leo LMAO

I machine wash all Leo's. Comp Leo I put in a delicates bag, cold very short cycle. I also only wash it every second comp, and we only have 4 per year, so it's still fine. If she was wearing it every weekend I may rethink.

Ugh, youre sooooo tacky...detergent made from flowers? My detergent is made from the finest and rarest pine needles harvested from the tallest conifers of Zimbabwe. Which by the way, is paleo, unlike your flowers. Ugh, people these days.

Ugh, youre sooooo tacky...detergent made from flowers? My detergent is made from the finest and rarest pine needles harvested from the tallest conifers of Zimbabwe. Which by the way, is paleo, unlike your flowers. Ugh, people these days.
I can't believe you're casting aspersions on my flowers. I'll have you know that these flowers were around at the time of dinosaurs. What could be more paleo than that? Ha.

The washing instructions for my daughter's competition leo state that it should be washed in distilled or bottled water. True story. I was going to just give it to her to wear before the first meet but then I read further and it says must wash before wearing, and that sweat can make the colors bleed. I am most likely going to ruin this leo before she even competes in it.

The washing instructions for my daughter's competition leo state that it should be washed in distilled or bottled water. True story. I was going to just give it to her to wear before the first meet but then I read further and it says must wash before wearing, and that sweat can make the colors bleed. I am most likely going to ruin this leo before she even competes in it.
You were planning on.....GIVING the competition leotard to your daughter to WEAR? To an actual competition? To do sport? And sweat in it? Good grief, what craziness is this?

I can't believe you're casting aspersions on my flowers. I'll have you know that these flowers were around at the time of dinosaurs. What could be more paleo than that? Ha.
Well its certainly more paleo than your unorganic, not vegan, alpaca towels. How dare you abuse your DDs leo like that. I'm calling PETA, they won't be too happy.

Wow if this is the Leo care how do you do your gymmies hair? LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back