WAG Little Boston meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
Anyone doing the Little Boston meet in January? I think it's a new meet and wonder who will be there. They have three gyms competing at once with a college meet on Saturday so I'm guessing a fairly large event! Curious to know if it's fairly local or if people will be coming from other places (we're in Region 6).

I checked it out. Seems like it's the same meet that used to be called Little Bigger. Looking at the results from last year there were gyms from RI, NH, and even Main. So, hopefully they will come again this year. :)
Although, they changed the weekend, and it's now on the same weekend as 2 other big meets. For example, our gym is going to Walker's that weekend.

I checked it out. Seems like it's the same meet that used to be called Little Bigger. Looking at the results from last year there were gyms from RI, NH, and even Main. So, hopefully they will come again this year. :)
Although, they changed the weekend, and it's now on the same weekend as 2 other big meets. For example, our gym is going to Walker's that weekend.
We used to go to Little Bigger. And Walkers! But we seem to change it up a bit year to year. Little Bigger was, indeed, big....over Feb vacation and started a Thursday. So this meet is less time and maybe that's why 3 gyms set up. But it still seemed 'bigger' lol! Thanks for checking it out :) I guess we won't be alone :)

Supposedly the chit chat on Little Boston is that they are trying to get something like the Chicago Style type of meet on the east coast so they're having the 3 gyms ( to start) and the NCAA meet as well ....it's the same weekend as the Walker's meet Bay State Classic ( as mentioned) and the Dream Big meet on the south shore...the teams listed to be competing at Little Boston are all pretty local (MA, RI, CT and NY) so their draw isn't there yet so we'll see...

With the numbers that it looks like they are having though, and using the convention center in Boston (versus the high schools they've hosted it at in the past) , I can't imagine that they are not going to take a bath on the profits ( if any ) this year. Maybe they have a few big sponsors that aren't listed....

Our gym will be there, the optional girls are competing and our coach sent us the info in case our girls (L3) want to go watch (we're in NH).

With the numbers that it looks like they are having though, and using the convention center in Boston (versus the high schools they've hosted it at in the past) , I can't imagine that they are not going to take a bath on the profits ( if any ) this year. Maybe they have a few big sponsors that aren't listed....

The location is pretty awesome for those traveling to Boston and wanting to see the city. So, if the meet goes smoothly this year, I can see it becoming more popular in the future. The only other big meet in Boston is Brestyan's, and as was mentioned before, their location and venue are lousy.

Supposedly the chit chat on Little Boston is that they are trying to get something like the Chicago Style type of meet on the east coast so they're having the 3 gyms ( to start) and the NCAA meet as well ....it's the same weekend as the Walker's meet Bay State Classic ( as mentioned) and the Dream Big meet on the south shore...the teams listed to be competing at Little Boston are all pretty local (MA, RI, CT and NY) so their draw isn't there yet so we'll see...

Interesting re: Chicago Style type meet. And agree, profits will prob be minimal if any that first year. LOTS of work to run a meet for sure!

The location is pretty awesome for those traveling to Boston and wanting to see the city. So, if the meet goes smoothly this year, I can see it becoming more popular in the future. The only other big meet in Boston is Brestyan's, and as was mentioned before, their location and venue are lousy.
Agree....fun location for people not from MA!!

Definitely expensive! This is the first big meet we have attended, so I can't compare, but it seemed well run to me. DD's session was on time, and everything seemed to go smoothly. From talking to parents with kids on other levels, their sessions ran on time as well. Check in was a bit hectic and busy, but quick. There was a lack of signage for some things, but any questions that I had were answered politely from meet volunteers. Awards were in a room that was too small to hold all of the spectators, which would be my only complaint (There were approx. 80 gymnasts in DD's session). Trophies were nice, and DD is loving the meet leo (and her medals and trophy, of course).

went to the NCAA session ...and dropped 50 bucks to get in and once in, were directed to be seated in the upper balcony area and told we could not even see where the other sessions were being held ( nice warm welcome for us...) ....my daughter was hungry soooo I went in search of food or drink and was told "you can go out to PF Chang's or Jimmy John's or any of the restaurants in the Prudential Center for food and return to the meet" ...uh sure lady, I just paid 50 bucks to watch the college meet ( which isn't that long because there are 6 competitors per team per event) so I'm not exiting the building that took me 20 minutes to get into once I parked my car....was then told "they're selling beer over there" ...not the beverage I'm looking for for my child, or me, while at the meet....

I was not impressed with the set up here ...or the lack of information when any question was asked....and they should have it on the meet website or a sign upon entry that there is NO FOOD or drink in the building once you get in there....there are better run meets out there that I would encourage over this one...yes, the Brestyan meet is in the dumpy Tufts gym but you aren't walking a mile from the expensive parking lot , and there is food and drink available in there.

I did find it odd that they had plenty of beer and wine, but no food anywhere. I wonder if the Hynes doesn't allow them to sell their own food, but it would've been too expensive to have the Hynes provide food.

went to the NCAA session ...and dropped 50 bucks to get in and once in, were directed to be seated in the upper balcony area and told we could not even see where the other sessions were being held ( nice warm welcome for us...) ....my daughter was hungry soooo I went in search of food or drink and was told "you can go out to PF Chang's or Jimmy John's or any of the restaurants in the Prudential Center for food and return to the meet" ...uh sure lady, I just paid 50 bucks to watch the college meet ( which isn't that long because there are 6 competitors per team per event) so I'm not exiting the building that took me 20 minutes to get into once I parked my car....was then told "they're selling beer over there" ...not the beverage I'm looking for for my child, or me, while at the meet....

I was not impressed with the set up here ...or the lack of information when any question was asked....and they should have it on the meet website or a sign upon entry that there is NO FOOD or drink in the building once you get in there....there are better run meets out there that I would encourage over this one...yes, the Brestyan meet is in the dumpy Tufts gym but you aren't walking a mile from the expensive parking lot , and there is food and drink available in there.
There is food in Brestyans? That's good to know......we head there Friday. I am expecting a dump....cold, and not very 'parent oriented'.....but I don't want to have to bring all my food! I will need a cooler if I must stay for 3 sessions!!!

There is food in Brestyans? That's good to know......we head there Friday. I am expecting a dump....cold, and not very 'parent oriented'.....but I don't want to have to bring all my food! I will need a cooler if I must stay for 3 sessions!!!

There always has been food in the past...but yes, the venue is chilly and rather dark (as lighting goes) , no bells and whistles for sure...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back