WAG Anyone going to the Nadia Comaneci Invitational in Feb?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have not been, but we go to camp there every summer. I can give you some ideas if you have questions about OKC, hotels, etc. :)

We are going!

We haven't been before but others from our gym have been multiple times and they enjoy it enough to keep going back.

We are going!

We haven't been before but others from our gym have been multiple times and they enjoy it enough to keep going back.
Same here, our gym has been going for a number of years, but this is my DD's first time. And her first out of country meet. We are very excited. Trying to plan a few things while we are there, but there is no schedule out, and I cannot find one from last year. Any ideas??

How exciting! The meet schedule likely won't be out until a couple of weeks before the meet. That is pretty typical here.

We've been a couple of times. The venue is nice, and is in walking distance to the "Bricktown" district. Lots of restaurants and shopping, etc. They have a canal with water taxis. The OKC bombing memorial is beautiful, especially at night. There is usually a college meet on Friday night. OU Sooners and a couple of other teams. Our girls loved going to watch. There is an "elite" meet on Saturday night, but we have never been. Viewing was great, at least for our sessions. (some of our travel meets have been so cramped, with no bleachers etc, so this was nice. Bleachers and plenty of space both times) Nadia and Bart are available at times for autographs, and Nadia gives out a special award after each session. They have other games and athletic activities for all ages/sports going on at the same time.

oh wow, sounds like a good time. One of the girls from our gym is doing the Elite meet, so I think we will go and watch, and neither of us have seen a college meet, so that will be fun. The moms that are going were thinking of doing a girls night out at a pub, was there one in the Bricktown area that you would recommend? Walking around will be safe?
We've been a couple of times. The venue is nice, and is in walking distance to the "Bricktown" district. Lots of restaurants and shopping, etc. They have a canal with water taxis. The OKC bombing memorial is beautiful, especially at night. There is usually a college meet on Friday night. OU Sooners and a couple of other teams. Our girls loved going to watch. There is an "elite" meet on Saturday night, but we have never been. Viewing was great, at least for our sessions. (some of our travel meets have been so cramped, with no bleachers etc, so this was nice. Bleachers and plenty of space both times) Nadia and Bart are available at times for autographs, and Nadia gives out a special award after each session. They have other games and athletic activities for all ages/sports going on at the same time.

Bricktown is safe and very fun. We didn't go to a bar, but I saw a piano bar there that I made a mental note to try to hit another time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back