WAG How do you wash your competition Leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The washing instructions for my daughter's competition leo state that it should be washed in distilled or bottled water. True story. I was going to just give it to her to wear before the first meet but then I read further and it says must wash before wearing, and that sweat can make the colors bleed. I am most likely going to ruin this leo before she even competes in it.
Oh man, I haven't even looked yet, and my daughter is wearing hers for the first time on Saturday... Ugh.

Reactions: sce
Our team got new AF leos this year and we previously had GK. Same experience as OP, a whole page of washing instructions and our team rep even implied that rinsing in plain water would be best.

So, what did I end up doing after the first meet? I retrieved this piece of wearable artwork that was in a ball in my dd's gym bag and hung it up making sure it wasn't touching anything else. Didn't even consider having it come in contact with any kind of water, distilled, pine-needle infused paleo or otherwise.

We have a meet this weekend. I plan on polling all the other parents to see what the best course of action will be to keep this precious thing in one piece. So help me it WILL be laundered!

You're all nuts. Everyone knows that you have to wash them in unicorn tears. Then you have angels breathe on them, through the left nostril only, until they're dry.

(Seriously, I might, because my kid's comp leo cost more than my wedding dress. I'm very old, but still.)

I'm getting more and more petrified of the white part turning purple. I'm ignoring the Swarovski crystals' possibility of falling off....

my dd hasn't yet worn her comp Leo since she has a late season but after reading this post and knowing that the Leo is covered in bling.....I'm sorry but I don't want to wash it....haha!!!

You're all nuts. Everyone knows that you have to wash them in unicorn tears. Then you have angels breathe on them, through the left nostril only, until they're dry.

(Seriously, I might, because my kid's comp leo cost more than my wedding dress. I'm very old, but still.)[/QUOT
I wish I could like this a post one hundred times.....I would just add the kip fairy should butterfly kiss the Leo before it dries

All training leos go in the machine, inside out, gentle cycle, line dried.
We have some that are onto the third child and all look in great condition.
Comp leos - depends on the degree of mesh, sparkle etc if hand washed.

But yeah I've seen a few girls over the years whose leos look like they are 10 years old after only months - what do they do with them?

This is my favorite thread......
My son and I decided to invest in alpacas and unicorns......we plan to make a killing.

Can leotard makers talk to the makers of the synchronized swimming costumes/swimsuits because clearly those can survive being in chemical filled water and also have lots of bling and different colors[/QUOTE
Synchro is my DDs sport. In reality synchro suits are most often made by the same people that make leos- with a lot of the same fabrics! It's all the same lycras, mystique and bling on all of them. The swimmers roll the suits between 2 towels to remove most of the water and hang to dry so the wet fabric isn't against itself.
No one has ever given us crazy wash instructions!

It's time for the confession. I've actually washed competition leos in the washer without the unicorn tears or alpaca towels without bleeding, running or loss of bling. I even threw them into the dryer (though on air dry) without realizing it. It wasn't intentional but the world did not come to an end and the leos looked like everyone else's afterwards. This year I am passing the Woolite, unicorn tears and alpaca towels to my girls who are now old enough to apply their own makeup. If they can do that, they can certainly wash their own leos.

I'm way too old to baby leos. Practice leos get thrown in the washer on the handwash cycle with some Woolite regardless of color or fabric. They only get turned inside out if the kids throw them into the hamper that way. They then get thrown in the dryer on the air dry cycle. In fact, we just throw all the "delicate" stuff in the same load. Apparently, they all get along as everything comes out in the same shape and color as it went it.

It's time for the confession. I've actually washed competition leos in the washer without the unicorn tears or alpaca towels without bleeding, running or loss of bling. I even threw them into the dryer (though on air dry) without realizing it. It wasn't intentional but the world did not come to an end and the leos looked like everyone else's afterwards.

Seriously.....too funny!

I machine wash all Leo's regardless of brand on gentle cycle/hand wash mode. Even team Leo's. I do turn them inside out, no fabric softner and hang on a hanger to dry when it's done. I have never had an issue with any Leo thank goodness because I do not plan to start hand washing them anytime soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back