WAG Entering Div 1 NCAA as a Freshman...with College Credits

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, I know that this is probably taking this thread off topic and you can scold me or move it or whatever if you like. LoL :)

But, I am a total geek, so I was poking around and I found this cool tool.

https://web3.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction?hsActionSubmit=searchHighSchool

You can search your school and see if they are eligible and what classes count and what classes don't. I even looked up the online school we are contemplating and it was there and specifically said that it meets the NCAA nontraditional class requirements.

Here is the ncaa clearinghouse non traditional coursework requirement page. Thought it might be helpful.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/nontraditional-courses
Reading the list of their requirements made me even more confused. Our school meets every single one of them except the one where it must be noted on the transcript that it's a non-traditional course. It's a fully accredited school (middle states association) so they issue a regular HS diploma and transcripts look just like a regular high school's. I'm not sure why that's required, but it seems a pretty trivial rule to me. What do I know. I want her prepared academically for college since she'll at most to club gym. Their school fits that bill. This did highlight something else though. Their school had NCAA approval until last school year. So kids (some who may have attended since kindergarten) would have had to transfer to keep eligibility. That stinks. It's the same exact school/teachers/courses as two years ago.

This did highlight something else though. Their school had NCAA approval until last school year. So kids (some who may have attended since kindergarten) would have had to transfer to keep eligibility. That stinks. It's the same exact school/teachers/courses as two years ago.
This is more worrisome than if they never had it in the first place. I didn't realize they lost their eligibility. Wonder why. Feel bad for all the athletes who were using it for their schooling. Major upheaval...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back