WAG Size 7/8 mature almost 10 yo - where to shop?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Try aeropostale for shirts! You can sometimes find some smaller, cute things... xxs or even xs might work. I know they aren't always spot on with sizes, but that might be an option.
Abercrombie kids can have some cute things, much more appropriate than Abercrombie (for teens?).
Target, Justice, JcPenney, Sears, all have cute things now and then - and if you catch the sales you get a good deal.

Try justice, it's a store that I shopped at when I was 10-14, some of the clothes are kinda cutesy but there is plenty of nice clothes there.

Reactions: sce
Have hope my DD now 12 wore 6x jeans at 10. And in one season grew to a girls 12/14 and now a junior 0 or 1. Great for fashion terrible for gymnastics. 5' 1/2" now and still growing.

Not sure if it's easier shopping here but my 12 year old is a size 8. (6-8 bottoms 8-10 tops)

Guess school uniform helps, rest of the time she wears gym shorts/sports shorts or leggings with a t-shirt or sports top.
Or maybe it's just easy as she isn't fashion conscious, lol, but we have no problems finding clothes.

My DD is 11 and wears clothes ranging in size from size 8-10 (some tops a 12 so they're long enough to cover her tush). For pants she usually prefers jeggings from Target or Justice. She's gotten away from the "cutesy" at Justice, but this year their stuff does seem a bit better. She's gotten a couple of drapey cardigans, etc, from there, and she actually wears them.

She loves anything Under Armour, Nike, and many things from abercrombie kids. These days she most often lives in hoodies and jeggings/leggings. Occasionally, she'll wear sweatpants, if they're from one of the above brands. A drawstring is a must as her waist is so tiny, and those brands have them. Yoga pants typically have too wide of a waist for her, she hates the fit of "regular" jeans, and chinos/khakis? No way! She just can't stand those elastic/button adjustable waist combos, skinny fits are too tight in her thighs, and regular fit is way too wide at her waist.

And a quick note: she can't wear abercrombie kids jeans as the thighs are far too tight. Same goes for Ruum, but others have had luck there. Also, Forever 21 has a kids line online (have bought DD leggings from there... they're thin), and J. Crew kids is generally pretty cute but some seasons is hit or miss.

Also wherever you can find Guess? That tends to run smallish, and isn't too cutesy. Same with Ralph Lauren at Macy's/Boston Store/etc and their Chaps line at Kohl's.

Try zulily.com - lots of designer labels, all on the one page, and heaps of range at reduced prices :) They often have leos for sale too.

My DD is 13 and in a size 10 (sometimes smaller). She is NOT girly or cutesey. Pretty much all of her clothes come from Abercrombie kids. She can get away with hollister or Aeropostale tops in the size XXS, but the bottoms are way too big. We also get a lot of stuff from Iviva. It is like a kid's version of lululemon. The clothing thing has become even more of a problem now that she is in middle school and most of her classmates are wearing full adult clothes. Thankfully most of the Abercrombie stuff looks very similar to the adult store.

PS Aeropostale. Most of the stores have closed in my area but I always buy online. My tiny 10 year old felt like Justice was getting too babyish for her so we switched. Their clothes are also more reasonable at PS!

My kids like Justice. They have a lot of sports themed tshirts and sweatpants (including gymnastics). They also sell elastic waist jeans, which work well for smaller kiddos.

We actually buy a lot of clothes as Nordstrom. They are local here and I don't think everywhere, but They sell online and have a great return policy. I often order five things online and return three of them, no questions, no charge.

They definitely have a more refined look in smaller clothes. Lots of really cool athletic wear too, which my dd loves, even for school. Zilla and Aviva are great brands for a special piece if that is her thing.

They are a bit more spendy but not really that much more, especially if you get things on clearance. Some things are a lot more, but most are in line with stores like Abercrombie.

The Peek and Tucker and Tate brands at Nordstrom have a great, fashionable but age-appropriate aesthetic for tweens and young teens. Tucker and Tate is surprisingly affordable. Peek costs a little more but you can often get a bargain if you catch items when they first go on sale, before sizes sell out.

The Zella Girl activewear is adorable, but we have found it to run large.

For jeans, we have found Gap's slim sizes to be the slimmest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back