Parents 'My core hurts when I kip'

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
DD told me this tonight. She is telling me kipping is painful.

Any ideas? Not sure if this is form or medical or both.

DD told me this tonight. She is telling me kipping is painful.

Any ideas? Not sure if this is form or medical or both.
Have they been doing a lot of core conditioning? My DD has a similar complaint for about 2-3 days after a particularly hard conditioning day at practice.

No she isn't new to kipping and she says no more core than normal. She's a repeating level 4

I would take her. Maybe an abdominal muscle strain. They might have some pt to help it feel better faster. At a minimum, she probably needs to rest it for a few days.

Strained ab muscle is a distinct possibility. Definitely have it checked. She can probably tell you if it's "sore" or if it's a sharp pain when she uses the muscle. When Kipper pulled an ab muscle, the doc told her to rest for a week, then try to do a sit up. As soon as she could do a sit up without pain, she could go back to regular training.

Have they introduced back tucks? When DS started working back tucks, he woke up the next day and said his stomach muscles were "broken." He was in so much pain he said he couldn't go to practice. I had no idea what was going on. I called the coach and he started laughing. He said "we started working standing back tucks last night." He said he'd seen it before. The kids are having so much fun flipping, they don't even realize how much ab work they're doing.

A week. She just came back from a week off for a sore heel.
Did she do any core conditioning when off?

Sounds like she started back without warm up and either she pulled or strained something or her muscles are going through the tweaks of getting used after being off thing.

My DD is 9, and complained of the same thing for a few days. She was really hitting bars hard getting ready for her first Level 7 meet, and seemed pretty sure that was why her abs were sore. It definitely wouldn't hurt to check it out with her doctor though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back