Parents gym-rank.com

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
i decided to google my daughter's name along with the word "gymnastics" just to see what resulted. mostly it was .pdfs of meet score results, but i did come across an athlete profile for her on this website.

i've never heard of it or heard of anyone using it for anything before. do any of you use it for anything?

is it something new that's trying to compete with meetscoresonline or something? it seems to have some additional features such as news and coach rankings, too.

just curious. thanks! :cool: ( http://gym-rank.com/ )

It looks like it is really new (started by Olympian Jake Dalton) and that it can be used in the recruiting process. Says that once a gymnast develops a profile, the site give that gymnast a national ranking score and the gym-rank staff can email the gymnast's info to college coaches.

Interesting. It looks like it is brand new. My DS is just starting to think about college. The idea of ranking gymnasts is a little intimidating to me though. Is it going to be just based on scores? As discussed on here, scores from one state to another can vary a lot. Even within our region, I feel like there are some scores and meets that count more than others. We have one notoriously lenient judge in our state. She's given my DS 9.9 execution scores a few times and I wouldn't say they're earned. One of them was on vault which is probably his weakest event.

You would hope that college recruiting is based on a more holistic approach looking at skills, execution and potential more than ranking. So, I'd be kind of nervous about the ranking thing, but I'm intrigued and am wondering whether he should set up a profile on there.

Who knows where they get the info from, but they have level 3's on there at the top 250, so I am sure the college coaches will be lining up to view that............... Not to mention they have Chris WALKER from Gym Jam listed as a top 50 coach,,,, um you mean Chris WALLER right,,,, you know the olympian/awesome coach right???? How do you mess his name up?

Interesting. It looks like it is brand new. My DS is just starting to think about college. The idea of ranking gymnasts is a little intimidating to me though. Is it going to be just based on scores? As discussed on here, scores from one state to another can vary a lot. Even within our region, I feel like there are some scores and meets that count more than others. We have one notoriously lenient judge in our state. She's given my DS 9.9 execution scores a few times and I wouldn't say they're earned. One of them was on vault which is probably his weakest event.

You would hope that college recruiting is based on a more holistic approach looking at skills, execution and potential more than ranking. So, I'd be kind of nervous about the ranking thing, but I'm intrigued and am wondering whether he should set up a profile on there.

LOL, based on start value, one of DS's teammates got a perfect execution score on his high bar routine at a pretty big meet this month. Coach just shook his head and laughed. I think it would be awfully hard to come up with a meaningful ranking using different meets. At least for the guys, you can get a somewhat decent sense of it at nationals from L8 on up.

LOL, out of curiosity I put my daughter's name in. They had no scores, but had her listed as a member of her first gym where she was not remotely competitive. For a new site, where are they pulling their info from?

I took a look and when I entered my dd's name, nothing came up. I just assumed it was because there weren't any meets uploaded from the ones she competed this season. So, I looked at the meets themselves and for the last one she competed in they don't have all the results only some. I would love to know why.

Who knows where they get the info from, but they have level 3's on there at the top 250, so I am sure the college coaches will be lining up to view that............... Not to mention they have Chris WALKER from Gym Jam listed as a top 50 coach,,,, um you mean Chris WALLER right,,,, you know the olympian/awesome coach right???? How do you mess his name up?

Yeah all those coaches are great but I find that list a little confusing too. Like how does MG Elite not make it on the list? As I scrolled down first I thought they were just listing coaches with National Team athletes, but obviously that doesn't seem to be it. Maybe you needed more JO athletes. But of course at some big gyms that also have elite, those coaches don't necessarily coach the JO athletes or not many of them. So I don't know. Not to say those aren't great coaches, just seems to me like more should have made the list if this is more JO/NCAA oriented (Twin City Twisters, etc).

Can't really understand our entries, pulled from MMS from a certain year date or something to determine age? Names of kids who did like a season of the old version of Xcel but then never continued...so the only thing I can assume is the algorithm sorted MMS data to try to get a certain age range? Not sure why the random current level 3s though? I really have no idea.

They only seem to list meets of a certain size, or meets that draw a certain type of gym. My gymmie's meets from this year aren't even listed.

my dd's from 2016 arent listed either but the ones from end of 2015 are (and they were smaller meets).

we've been to two really big meets this calendar year so im wondering if it just hasn't updated since the end of last year?

Hey! This inspired me to search the site for my L4 DD, and she's listed.

My first reaction was AWESOME! What a fun site! I mean, I know it means nothing, but it's still pretty cool. But then I realized she has just two stars, so I retract my original thoughts, as that site is actually totally lame. ;)

Huh. My dd isn't searchable, but both of her meets this year are listed, sans beam scores (for everyone, for both meets), but with accurate scores for the other events and AA on the one meet my dd comes up on. The other meet she was at (much larger) is missing a lot of ranking numbers (including my dd) so it's only a partial list.

Huh. My dd isn't searchable, but both of her meets this year are listed, sans beam scores (for everyone, for both meets), but with accurate scores for the other events and AA on the one meet my dd comes up on. The other meet she was at (much larger) is missing a lot of ranking numbers (including my dd) so it's only a partial list.

Yes - I just browsed through the listed meets, and curiously, none of my DD's scores are listed at meets she's recently attended, though even her teammates with lower scores are. There must be a few bugs, or they're inputting too quickly and missing things.

It's nonsense. It says my DD is a rank of 2 - with no meets/scores listed. It has one of our graduated gymnasts who got a full-ride to a D1 gym and competes (wins) AA - as a rank of 2.

Such a shame that it wasn't more accurate for its roll out. It's a good looking site if nothing else.

these sites are all a bunch of crap. c'mon folks...:)

there are some coaches NOT listed as the "top whatever" that have been to Olympic Trials and Worlds and other international competitions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back