WAG Xcel Platinum Judges - Question about beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LizzieLac

Proud Parent
My DD is doing Platinum this year after being in JO. We have a large xcel team but this is the first year offering platinum as we tend to focus on JO for skills aligned with level 6 and up. So, I am not sure if there is some missing info, but I am trying to understand if my DD is missing a B or has some other gap that caused her to not have a 10 SV. She did a really nice beam routine which scored 8.9. We *think* she may have been given a lower SV by the judges but only one gymnast claims she noticed that.

Anyway, she did the following: mount, BWO, pose, pose, turn, CW-CW, split leap-beat jump, pose, pose, full turn, CW-BT dismount.

I can share the video if helpful, but for starters can you tell me if she has met the requirements of 6 As, one B, the series, etc.?? While the 8.9 is s fine score, she really only had the a wobble on full turn, one step on dismount, and the split leap was small/awkward looking.

Thanks for the input!!

And if her split leap did not hit a 120 degree angle that may have caused a lower SV.

And if her split leap did not hit a 120 degree angle that may have caused a lower SV.

That may have been it. So, second question is what options are there for Bs? She is coming back from a broken leg last year and has not gotten her BHS back yet.

Side leap or leap 1/4
Split jump
Straddle jump
Pike jump
Straight jump 3/4
Cat leap 1/2
Tuck 1/2
Wolf 1/2
Roundoff
Dive cartwheel
Front Walkover
Scale on toe for 2 seconds
Full turn with leg forward or backward at 45º throughout turn
HS forward roll
Free forward roll (no hands)
Back extension roll
Back tuck with 1/2 turn dismount

This routine does not have a B.

A split leap is an A, even if she hits 180*.
Really? That is what they use for the B in my DDs beam routine.. Weird.. I wonder if she's not getting credit..

Edit: she has a split jump not leap, but same question applies.

gymdog means the scorecard given tot he coach, it's passed form judge to judge and all the athlete's scores are written on it.
Not all meets do scoring this way. Some just write scores on a big sheet of everyone in that rotation and it goes to the scoring table. Coaches never see it

And some judges will put sv's and some won't. At the last meet my girls were at the bar judge did put them down and beam did not and I know some of my girls had lower start values because of their leap angle.

Not all meets do scoring this way. Some just write scores on a big sheet of everyone in that rotation and it goes to the scoring table. Coaches never see it
And some do separate slips of paper for each girl on each event… makes it hard for coaches to double check the flashed scores and inquire when a gymnast was 0.05 from making some required score for something. They have to wait for the scores print out, by which time it is too late.

Yeah, nothing on the score card and nothing handed to coach. Like I said, no one noticed the card tents on the table except one teammate who was working the meet and she thinks it was not a 100 SV (which we pretty much know now).

Need to find a B!

Thanks everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back