WAG What do you guys in the US pay for meet entries?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

needcoffee

Proud Parent
Browsing through instagram yesterday and saw a few pics of a meet where the top 3 AAers I each group received MASSIVE trophies. Like, almost as big as the gymnast themselves. They were SO COOL. But I'm guessing meets like these must incur a huge cost?

Have total envy. We just get mostly ribbons, but then again don't pay all that much.

We have paid between $65-$135 for meet entries and I have yet to see individual trophies. I have seen medals and ribbons. Some medals are far nicer than others. I have seen team trophies, but not huge ones.

For Level 9s and 10s, $120 seems to be the going rate. Some of these meets also include leos either as part of the giveaway or if they have, and you make it, for the finals competition. The really huge trophies we've gotten is for team awards and those go to the gym. But individual AA trophies can be a good size and some of them are pretty interesting and creative.

I'm so glad it's only ribbons here, with the occasional trophy for the very top AA results. We don't need a house full of more plastic STUFF! :)

Having more of the "plastic stuff" to me is great! It is a reminder of their hard work. Ribbons and medals are great; but with so many being given away, it is hard to tell one medal from another (which one is a first place medal and which one is a participation medal; plus those plastic stuff is better than other stuffed stuff. I'd rather store the 100 trophies than the 100 stuffed animals! But I hear you. They can all be just clutter depending on who is looking at it.

In my area, it is $75-125 per athlete for meet entries. The $125ish meets usually give out leos, the $100ish meets usually give out t-shirts, the $75ish meets usually give out a small goodie bag. Medals to the the top 50% of events and trophies to everyone for AA are the standard everywhere.

For YMCA meets there are "ribbon" meets - $25. These are simple qualifiers for YMCA Leagues, States, Regionals and Nationals. These are also the meets we usually send our level 2s/xcel bronzes too, for experience. Then the Invitationals "medal trophy meets" usually are $50. These give out medals for events, trophies for all around and a tshirt or ocassionally something "special". We once got a leo/pillowcase and another time we got a fuzzy blanket. The Championship meets - Leagues, States, Regionals are usually $75 and include the same things as the invitationals, but are usually held at a bigger facility.
For USAG, we have found that $100 is about the normal. They have slightly nicer medals/trophies and our latest gave leos instead of tshirts.

Hmmm interesting! Wish we got Leo's! So cool! We get a tshirt at states, but also pay around $120ish for that one. I thought you guys would be paying heaps more for the trophy/medals for everyone meets.

Most of the trophies tend to be cheap plastic so they don't cost much. Where we are, only the 1st place all around gymnast gets them, though we have been to a few meets that give out trophies 1-3rd. And a few meets where the trophies are more expensive: snow globe, bears, etc. The team trophies are bigger and cost more but we have found a lot of meets are going toward banners now.

Our Xcel meet fees this season were $75-$100 plus a team fee of around $50 for the meets with a team session. The $100 meet was well worth it, the girls got tons of medals, trophies for top 3 AA, and a meet leotard. But our next most expensive meet is a dinky local meet at $90. I suspect it will have minimal awards and did not ask sizes for a t-shirt/leo giveaway which is a bummer. Hoping there are at least a few extras for the girls. I don't think meets need to give out the extras, but for that price I want them to get something!

Compulsory meets are usually between $50-$80. They sometimes gave trophies for 1st-3rd AA, but not very often ( and they weren't huge!) Optional meets are between $85-$125, and DD got a leotard at the last meet, and will get another one at her meet Friday.

Most of the trophies I've gotte are cheaply made. I've gotten a few "heavier duty", nicer ones, but it is rare. The medals don't cost that much because so many are ordered - I think they can be as cheap as 85 cents to a dollar when ordered in bulk. So, a couple bucks from the meet fees cover them.

For YMCA meets there are "ribbon" meets - $25. These are simple qualifiers for YMCA Leagues, States, Regionals and Nationals. These are also the meets we usually send our level 2s/xcel bronzes too, for experience. Then the Invitationals "medal trophy meets" usually are $50. These give out medals for events, trophies for all around and a tshirt or ocassionally something "special". We once got a leo/pillowcase and another time we got a fuzzy blanket. The Championship meets - Leagues, States, Regionals are usually $75 and include the same things as the invitationals, but are usually held at a bigger facility.
For USAG, we have found that $100 is about the normal. They have slightly nicer medals/trophies and our latest gave leos instead of tshirts.
Our Y League meets are $15 (ribbons). Invitationals are $25-30 (Cheap trophies or medals / ribbons). District Championships are $35 (medals and nice team trophies for top 3 teams per level… ribbons for other full teams). Regionals are $45-50ish (we don't attend). Nationals is $100 for Men and Women L1-7 and XS-XD and $110 for Women L8 and $120 for Men L8-10 and Women L9-10 (Medals). Nationals comes with a goodie bag and a t-shirt. Districts comes with a goodie bag and a participation trophy.

60-120 ish, mostly medals. Sometimes trophies for AA.

Our compulsories and Xcel pay $85-95, optionals are pretty much always $95-105. Standard around here is 50% event medals and 100% AA medals for Xcel and compulsory (often just 50% for optionals). Banners for the winning teams. Meet fee usually "includes" a tee-shirt. Occasionally it is a leo or water bottle or tote.

Our Y League meets are $15 (ribbons). Invitationals are $25-30 (Cheap trophies or medals / ribbons). District Championships are $35 (medals and nice team trophies for top 3 teams per level… ribbons for other full teams). Regionals are $45-50ish (we don't attend). Nationals is $100 for Men and Women L1-7 and XS-XD and $110 for Women L8 and $120 for Men L8-10 and Women L9-10 (Medals). Nationals comes with a goodie bag and a t-shirt. Districts comes with a goodie bag and a participation trophy.
Oh.. Hmm. That's a big difference. What region are you in? Sorry. Guess YMCA really varies.

$75-$95 for Compulsories and $95-$120 for Optionals. Team fees range anywhere from $25/level to $60/level and are banners or trophies (oddly the cheapest team fees this year was a nice trophy and the most expensive was a banner :confused:). Girls get a "gymnast" gift at almost every meet which includes everything from a leotard, to shorts, to lollipops, to water bottles, to fuzzy socks. Awards almost always go out 50% and typically the top 3 AAers got trophies.

JO compulsory meets are about $75 and optionals are about $100. We get ribbons, medals, rarely a trophy. No t-shirts or leotards.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back