WAG What do you guys in the US pay for meet entries?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our lower meets cost 65.00 and up just depending and some meets are as high as 150.00 but usually include a Leo as gift.

^^^ there are no entries that have reached $150 yet. but that might be what your gym is charging YOU. :)

Dunno - There are meets that are $135 for optionals plus a $50 team fee per level. If you only had 3 or 4 girls at a level to split the team fee, you'd be at about $150.

I can only speak for our home meet here, but there was no loss of business cost (only people to lose workout time was team). There were coaches to pay (like any other meet), but our team still pays entry fees so that should cover the coaches time. All other positions are volunteers, namely parents and older gymnasts and all the food and raffles are donated. Even the seating is donated.. There are judges to pay, of course, plus the cost of the sanction, and the medals (team trophies should be covered by the fees for team awards, right?). It can't be equal to the cost of renting a space and full equipment though. Please don't misunderstand, I don't mind if the gyms make a profit. Even a large profit. No one is forcing anyone to attend anything. I am more wondering if the meets held in huge spaces are making less money.
I am only speaking of our home meet as well, but entry fees did not cover the entire cost of equipment, awards, sanction, and judges. It was a small, but success meet. Held at a local school gym. The majority of 'profit' came from ad sales in the meet program. Gate fee covered the venue costs with a little profit. The ad sales were the largest profit maker. We gave custom medals to top 50%+1 for events, 100% for AA, Top 3 AA got a cute 'Texas' memento, and all gymnasts & parent volunteers received a meet shirt. Instead of renting a floor, we took ours!

^^^ there are no entries that have reached $150 yet. but that might be what your gym is charging YOU. :)

Our gym doesn't give us a break down. We are given one amount for each meet. They must have there own fee included in it then. Not really sure.

We have paid as much as $145 for a meet fee but, for this particular, very well run meet, spectators are "free". Which is a wonderful benefit.

We have paid anywhere between $7-$20 per spectator at meets.

Dunno - There are meets that are $135 for optionals plus a $50 team fee per level. If you only had 3 or 4 girls at a level to split the team fee, you'd be at about $150.
In that case, unless all levels are small, it would make more sense to either forego team competition OR spread the team fees for all levels competing over ALL of the girls on the team competing in the meet.
For example: if L3 through L9 are competing in a meet and
there are 12 L3, 10 L4, 8 L5, 6 L6, 5 L7, 4 L8, and 3 L9... that is 7 team levels @ $50 per level = $350. 48 gymnasts. $7.30 per gymnast (and if there are more at the lower levels, it can help offset the upper levels even more.
If the meet is Optionals only, given those numbers above, it may be better to forego team competition.

Compulsories are usually 80-100, and Optionals/XCel usually 90-120. That said, I WISH all I had to pay was that entry fee per meet and my tuition. Most gyms in my area lump all competition related expenses into these giant per athelete "assessments" that are above and beyond tuition and well exceed just meet fees.

Assessments usually work out to be anywhere between $150-$400 per meet on average depending on the gym and the level and are usually paid in equal monthly or quartly payments starting at the beginning of the new training season so they are all paid in full way before the season ends. Some gyms make you work fundrasiers and meets on top of these assessment payments. It is more than the meet fees to cover coaches travel expenses and other costs associated w/ competing.

Our meets usually award medals for the top 50% on all events and AA, and some will do trophys or plaques for the top so many AA. Then, if it's a good meet (haha - as in "not cheap") usually all gymnasts competiting will get some sort of gift - Leo, blanket, TShirt, cup, etc. State meets usually only award the top 25% cause divisions are much larger.

All of the meats held under our national gymnastics federation cost 30 euros. No exceptions. Usually only top 3 gets medals (even if there might be over a hundred kids in one age group) and places 4-10 are mentioned but they don't get medals. Some meets may give out cheap participation medals for everyone but most meets offer something very cheap like a water bottle, a lanyard, a scrunchie or a lollipop or nothing at all. My gymnasts have always been happy. They don't practice for months to earn a water bottle :D If they get something they always seem surprised, they don't expect anything. I think that the best "prize" is to go for an ice cream or dinner afterwards with their parents or team mates. I'm happy that we don't have to pay 100 euros to get more stuff that they might not even need or want.

We don't pay the team entry our gym does.

Ours for gymmies run 75-110 ish

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back