Ankle Dislocated

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dislocated my ankle last week due to a bad landing, the left whole foot came out to a 90 degrees angle inwards. Got it put back at the hospital, luckily there's only a tiny chipped off bone, a small fracture that does not require any surgery. However, there's ligament and tendon damage that will take time to heal.
I'm afraid that I won't be able to return to floor routines anymore due to an increased risk of dislocation as a result of the damaged ligament. How do I get over the fear and how long will it take before I can tumble again?
Should I just give up on floor and focus on other apparatus that requires more upper body strength instead?

With PT and a good ankle brace, and a fully healed ankle, you should be able to return to gymnastics. What level are you? It might be harder if you are a higher level. I think that in probably 10 weeks you will be on your way to recovering, probably close to 100%. Then again I don't have your x-rays to see how bad it really is. What are in you now? Boot, cast, or crutches?

I'm currently at level 8 but the grading is probably different across countries. I'm currently in a cast with crutches and in less than 2 weeks I'll be changing to a boot(aircast). I might be able to get hold of the X-rays from during the next doctor's appointment.

Thanks for asking. Still in boot + crutches,with 3 ligaments ruptured and Achilles tendon torn. Can't bear full weight yet but back in the gym conditioning and working on pommel horse and still rings for the moment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back