Parents Cheetah Heel Support

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Peanut

Proud Parent
Hello. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this product. Has it helped heel pain, etc.

Also, I'm curious about sizing. My DD is very tiny so I'm assuming she would need and XS. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1454964793.730972.jpg

Lots of teammates use that product with success. Sizing seems pretty accurate based off the size chart, at least according to them. If you are worried about sizing you can always get just the cup and then tape it - and the one in this picture is one size fits all but they also sell one without velcro (like a sleeve instead) based off of sizes. Physical therapy seems to help a few kids too.

Dd used them when she had a severs flare up. Seemed to help a bit. She did have to tumble/run with tennis shoes on until it passed. Best advice is to do the exercises needed to prevent it from getting awful.

My DD used them successfully for severs. We couldn't get the sizing quite right, so after two different sizes we went with the adjustable one. My DD said it helped a lot, and she was happy she could get it on and off quickly between rotations (she didn't need it on trampoline).

My DD uses them well is supposed to use them. They are very hard to get on and off. I wish we had got the adjustable ones....

My DD has used one and it's worked well for her heel pain during vault which is where it bothers her most.
They are tough to get on but a little cornstarch based powder helps with pulling it over the foot.
And they need to be washed frequently or they get funky smelling! Ask me how I know!!

My Dd uses one for her Severs, it has helped quite a bit. I will have to look for the adjustable one as she is complaining that this one "slips" even though it appears to fit perfectly and is quite difficult to get on and off....

We also use them for Severs and so far have been working well. DD tapes the top of hers for some reason and is apparently not very careful when ripping the tape off so it's beginning to fray but otherwise is holding up well. Just purchased the adjustable one on Amazon to see how that works. The one she has is definitely very difficult to get on and off but it does seem to be the correct size so who knows. Better to fight with a tight Cheetah cup than to be in a boot again for another 4-6 weeks. That was rough!

It's a great place to start, and may be all she needs. This worked really well for the 1st year of Severs issues. Years 2 and 3 have been a bit more problematic.

Mine has worn her Cheetahs nonstop for the past 2 years. She tried the x-brace and liked how it felt but her foot is soooo narrow that the heel strap kept sliding off. (And her foot is too long to go down a size). Right now we do a combo of K-tape and heel cups when they flare up and she just continues to wear the heel cups alone even when they don't hurt. They're like a good luck charm by now...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back