Parents Crazy Gym Mom Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
Forgive me Chalkbucket for I'm about to go CGM. I think we've all got a little tendency here. I know I do and most of the time I work hard to keep it a bay. Normally, I would never become vested in my kid beating another kid. BUT there's one boy who used to bully my son when they were teammates. So bad in fact that DS ended up changing gyms. They're a year apart and have traveled through the levels differently, so it's been a while since they've been the same level and age group. They are this year. Today, DS competes against him at bully's home meet. I will be keeping track of bully's scores and pulling for DS to beat him. I promise, tomorrow, I'll go back to being nice gym mom and just hoping all the kids do their best and have fun. :D

You go CGM all you want! I think we should all give ourselves permission to let our CGM out to play occasionally.....otherwise, she will take over! Good luck to your son!

I totally feel you. I have a strong CGM side, but I just try to keep it to myself (and now to other parents since they're letting their crazy out a bit more. lol.). I hate bullies too and I hope your son does well.

Well maybe I'm a CGM too but I hate bullies and I'm rooting for your son! Dd had a bully at her last gym, and I can't say it makes me sad when we go to meets and see that the bully is not doing well. LOL. Maybe it's wrong but after she tore down my dd's skills at every practice to the point where she had a mental block on a skill for a year, and then told her she was going to a very bad fiery place b/c we don't go to church, I can't say that I'm sorry to see Karma catch up with her!

So with that being said, I'm rooting for your son all the way! I hope he goes in there and shows the bully how it's done!

Well, you can just go ahead and shorten that to CM. Because inside the gym or not, Mama Bear comes out swinging when someone is messing with our kids!

Having been picked on way too much in the past, and watching too many other kids go through it, I think the best justice is when "life" steps in to remind the bully that they can't always be on top!

Unfortunately, it didn't go as planned. DS had a really bad meet. I'm afraid he might have psyched him self out. Started on p bars with an extra swing. Then on high bar, he stalled out on a giant. Last meet he fell on his first element by going over the bar on a back uprise. He seems to be getting ahead of himself on HB thinking about the hard stuff so he messes up the easy stuff. He's caught his Geinger every meet, but two stupid falls in the last two meets. Anyway, yesterday, after the rough start, he said he was really frustrated and couldn't get himself into a positive mindset. Followed his HB fall with a bunch of .3 steps and hops on FX and he was toast.

Oh well. There's always next month when bully comes to our home meet.

Totally get this! There are two girls on DD's team who pout when they mess up, but totally rub it in their teammates' faces when they do well. They aren't in DD's age group typically, but in my head I'm always rooting for DD to do better. On the flip side, two of the nicest girls on her team are really struggling this year. I just wish that the nice girls would win for once!

There is a kid in our gym (not in DDs group thank god) who I really don't like. And it's very rare for me to not like a child. I have overheard her telling her team mates she is better than them, I've seen her physically push another kid out of the way on the tumble track so she can have another turn, and every time she places, she rolls her eyes when her name is called out.

I find myself cheering REALLY loudly for other girls in her level, even if they're not from our gym! And then I thank god for my DD who is so supportive of all of her team mates.

There is a kid in our gym (not in DDs group thank god) who I really don't like. And it's very rare for me to not like a child. I have overheard her telling her team mates she is better than them, I've seen her physically push another kid out of the way on the tumble track so she can have another turn, and every time she places, she rolls her eyes when her name is called out.

We have one of those girls in my dd's group. Although she rarely places, which makes it slightly ironic that she is always telling her teammates how she is better and how the others are doing it wrong. Oh well. :)

Boys usually get over being bullied and occasionally they end up becoming friends. Try that route. In other words, "hey so and so looked pretty good, did you guys say hi" "why not" "oh that was years ago, he seems much nicer now" "you guys should all support and cheer for each other" In other words,,,, your thoughts and desires may create problems. Hope that helps.

Boys usually get over being bullied and occasionally they end up becoming friends. Try that route. In other words, "hey so and so looked pretty good, did you guys say hi" "why not" "oh that was years ago, he seems much nicer now" "you guys should all support and cheer for each other" In other words,,,, your thoughts and desires may create problems. Hope that helps.
Oh, these guys are all civil to each other at this point. I've always told DS when he's next to this guy on the podium, he's to shake his hand. Frankly, though all the guys on the team have similar feelings towards this kid and I'd say his bridges are burnt. It's not really an issue now. It was when they trained together though.

My youngest dd was having trouble with a girl in her group, she spat at her (raspberry type spitting and chased her around to do it when dd moved away from her, left her out of Christmas card giving and mean comments), my dd has been partnered with this girl for the past month and my dd has been helping her when she is struggling with moves, giving her tips etc and they are getting on just fine now, I suspect that this girl was struggling a little with gymnastics and she acted out as it was most probably the only way she now how to deal with thing (age range of the group 7-10). I am proud of my daughter for being willing to work with her and help her even though this girl was mean to my dd in the past. I praise my dd and encourage her to keep doing what she is doing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back