Coaches Organizing Drills/Resources

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone have a great way to organize drills and notes they have? I have a few physical things (notebooks, binders, etc) and electronic things saved on my computer but I'm hoping to find a way to make it easier to find and review drills and tips.

Use this forum you have created to fire away questions about drills and skills. We can all benefit from it. I think it would be beneficial to title individual threads by events for drills. I will start several threads and anyone wanting to jump in and add or request drills can do so.

I'm with you. I have stuff everywhere but can never find anything...I have not found a way. But I've started putting everything into one box. One day, maybe I'll organize the box :)

I am a huge fan of this App called "Evernote." It's this program where you can set up digital notebooks. Some notebooks that I set up include:
  • Drills — Screenshots of drills that I see online or at clinics, lists of drills for specific skills/levels, and skill circuits.
  • Workouts/Complexes — Reusable workouts/complexes. For example, "Level 5 Pre-Season Beam Complex," "Level 6-10 Theraband Workout," etc.
  • Reference — Probably my biggest notebook. I "clip" articles from the web that I think are helpful. This notebook also includes the notes I take from clinics, lectures, and books. For example, this past July I went to Regional Congress. I made a note for every lecture that I attended, then added pictures from the lecture and the notes that I took.
  • Gym Skills — My favorite notebook! It's like my own personal gymnastics textbook. I have a note for every skill that I teach. In each skill's note I include a picture of the "Ideal Model" for that skill, important technical and coaching points, physical preparation exercises, drills and progressions, and links to good articles and Youtube videos.
  • Training Plans — Each season gets its own notebook. Some information I keep in it include training schedules, meet schedules, and yearly training plans for every level. I also have a note for each of the 8-10s that I coach. In each gymnast's note I type in the routine(s) they are competing, making sure I include the amount of value parts and bonus the routine has.
Those are just a few of the Notebooks that I keep. I hope that gives you some ideas of ways you can use technology to organize your coaching info!

I Uploaded Some Pictures of My Evernote
Picture #1: All the Notebooks I've Created
Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 2.27.06 PM.png

Picture #2: My Gym Skills notebook with my Table of Contents note open
Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 2.27.45 PM.png

Picture #3: My note on the back handspring step-out on beam
Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 2.31.21 PM.png

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back