WAG TOPs Hopes Elite results - secret?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This many qualifiers this season, and really I can only find Gliders. Can anyone find any other results?

Dec 11-13 Myrtle Beach Invitational Elite Comp Qualifier Myrtle Beach South Carolina
Jan 15 Coaches Spectacular Elite Comp Qualifier Cincinnati, Ohio
Jan 15 Brestyan’s Invite Compulsory Qualifier Medford, Massachusetts
Jan 22 Parkettes Invitational Elite Comp Qualifier Allentown, Pennsylvania
Jan 22-24 Palm Springs Invitational Elite Comp Qualifier Palm Springs, California
Feb 4-5 Buckeye Elite Compulsory Qualifier Columbus, Ohio
Feb 6-8 Glider Invite National Qualifier Ontario, California
Feb 13-14 Brestyan’s Invite & National Qualifier Las Vegas, Nevada

ooh found the Gliders ones but it is only the optional scores. I would love to see the compulsory scores too. Loads and and loads of girls test compulsory elite. It is so silly to keep them all secret.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
ooh found the Gliders ones but it is only the optional scores. I would love to see the compulsory scores too. Loads and and loads of girls test compulsory elite. It is so silly to keep them all secret.

Click on the 'All' before the age groups. Or don't because you might feel sad for the kid who turned up and scored a four and two sixes... Like I get that kids need experience, but how is that a positive experience, those scores seem like more than just an off day.

Click on the 'All' before the age groups. Or don't because you might feel sad for the kid who turned up and scored a four and two sixes... Like I get that kids need experience, but how is that a positive experience, those scores seem like more than just an off day.

The system encourages coaches to compete kids who really are not elite material. Very talented, but JO talented.

Wow some awful low scores. Very interesting. Laney Madsen only got a 6.5 on bars too. Some very high scores at the top.

The system encourages coaches to compete kids who really are not elite material. Very talented, but JO talented.
I think the developmental program is good in theory, especially for less experienced coaches with super talented kids- and I have heard good things about how the developmental camps are run, but I agree that some gyms/coaches seem to get ahead of themselves. Just because a kid is a solid level 8 at 10 years old does not mean they are cut out for elite gymnastics, even though they are obviously very talented kids. I wonder if through all of these developmental camps the national staff ever sits down with coaches to give them a reality check of sorts? I just feel bad for the kids who are getting dragged along through all of this when they aren't ready, and they are kids who very well could be ready in a few years, but at the rate they're going will be totally defeated and burnt out from numerous failed attempts at elite.

The problem with this whole "elite" system is that anyone who pays an entry fee can enter an elite qualifier...you need a "mobility" score to go from level 5 to 6 but if you want to enter an elite qualifier, and have a coach that will do it, game on! That is why you see kids who go to "elite qualifiers" get beat by regular JO kids...because they had no business being at the qualifier.

Do any of you think there should be a qualifying JO 10 score necessary to enter an Elite qualifier?

Well perhaps having scored over 37.5AA?

Maybe an equivalent at L9 for Hopes?

Perfection in performing skills is what elite compulsories are all about, so hopefuls should be capable of scoring very highly at JO meets.

Do any of you think there should be a qualifying JO 10 score necessary to enter an Elite qualifier?

Amen yes!! I have been saying this for years...to me, you should need to be a solid scoring 10 to even wade into the waters of elite...and this would stop crazy coaches from entering their level 8s into qualifiers they don't belong at, have no shot of qualifying to anything, and costing the families thousands of dollars to watch their kids get hammered at these meets...

So, kids do not have to be level 10's to enter an elite qualifier? I thought that they would have at least competed some at level 10 before trying to qualify elite.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back