Squat on advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys! Whenever I do a squat on I pull my shoulders back which forces me to fall back. If I have a big mat underneath me I can do it easily but I'm afraid to lean over the bar without the mat. Any tips ?? Thanks!

Look at the highbar. Push your shoulders over the low bar slightly

Have you tried just doing the safety? If you do the safety over and over, maybe you won't be scared to do it anymore. If your not scared and just cant make yourself do it, then make sure you're putting the correct part of your feet on the bar. And this is not what you were asking, but how do I start a post? I know how to reply to one (obviously) but how do you start one?

If you are having trouble with your squat-on, it's probably because you are putting the wrong part of your feet on the bars. I used to have SO MUCH trouble with my squat-on, so I know how you feel!

What level are you??
I know of you are 6 and up your coach may let you add a roundy round(some gyms call a sole circle) to your routine. One girl at my gym had a lot of trouble staying over the bar(missed every single squat on) and she now does roundy rounds which she makes confidently.

Are you in a level where you can do a monkey (toe) circle to boost yourself around? That's a good choice if you are level five or up. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back