WAG Eastern / Westerns

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Question on these meets - is there a competing alternate (or group of alternates) in each age group who isn't having scores posted/isn't officially part of the meet? It seems this is the case but I haven't found out the true and full scoop behind this....

So, who's going to Nationals? 1-7 AA? Prior to Eastern's/Westerns, I saw posts on club's websites that their girl(s) were going to Nationals. A mistake or there is more to it? thank you.

The alternate doesn't compete unless someone is injured or sick and then the alternate steps in... Only 1-7 compete unless there is a tie for 7th place in a regional.

Level 10 nationals are next weekend in Texas - maybe @flipster that is what the club's website is talking about?!

So, who's going to Nationals? 1-7 AA? Prior to Eastern's/Westerns, I saw posts on club's websites that their girl(s) were going to Nationals. A mistake or there is more to it? thank you.

A lot of people will refer to Easterns/Westerns as "Nationals".... because it is the National meet for the level 9s, albeit split into 2 meets...so it's not a mistake but a common way that these 2 meets are referred to. And when you're posting on your club website, it looks even better calling it Nationals!

It would be nice if they put the word Nationals on Easterns and Westerns, because many schools are now requiring a national ranking and even an international ranking to get out of PE !!!! Yep! meanwhile all the high school athletes get out of PE without any of that..... But I guess that is another topic all together o_O

It would be nice if they put the word Nationals on Easterns and Westerns, because many schools are now requiring a national ranking and even an international ranking to get out of PE !!!! Yep! meanwhile all the high school athletes get out of PE without any of that..... But I guess that is another topic all together o_O
Oh don't get me started on that one...same sh**, different sport, and different time in my life...why oh why can't we evolve on this one?!:mad:

Question on these meets - is there a competing alternate (or group of alternates) in each age group who isn't having scores posted/isn't officially part of the meet? It seems this is the case but I haven't found out the true and full scoop behind this....

One of DD's friends was an alternate last year. She was next in line to compete, so she made the trip. She did do the open workout prior to the competition. No one from our region scratched, so she did not compete.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back