WAG Eastern / Westerns

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Question on these meets - is there a competing alternate (or group of alternates) in each age group who isn't having scores posted/isn't officially part of the meet? It seems this is the case but I haven't found out the true and full scoop behind this....
My daughter went to Montana this year as the alternate but sadly or gladly depending on how you look at it did not compete. Her birthday was the cutoff for Junior 5. Had she been 1 day older she would have qualified. In all other 15 age groups she would have qualified. In the end we decided to let her go with another family. Without having her best meet her score placed her in the top 50 kids at our regional meet for all ages level 9. I struggled a little with 112 kids getting to go and her not being one but really she just showed her maturity by understanding it wasn't that she was not good enough rather the day she was born and she said she would not want to compete because that would mean someone who earned their spot was injured. Yeah, proud mom moment!

My daughter went to Montana this year as the alternate but sadly or gladly depending on how you look at it did not compete. Her birthday was the cutoff for Junior 5. Had she been 1 day older she would have qualified. In all other 15 age groups she would have qualified. In the end we decided to let her go with another family. Without having her best meet her score placed her in the top 50 kids at our regional meet for all ages level 9. I struggled a little with 112 kids getting to go and her not being one but really she just showed her maturity by understanding it wasn't that she was not good enough rather the day she was born and she said she would not want to compete because that would mean someone who earned their spot was injured. Yeah, proud mom moment!
It's not uncommon for an alternate to get in, Every 1st alternate I have ever had ended up getting in. So it's good that you sent her. In fact Ashton and Ellie were both alternates and ironically both ended up winning vault at westerns. What are the odds of that? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back