She is cleared :) YAH YAH and YAH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
Today is a day of celebration. Alex's two tears are healed. Alex has been cleared to resume her gymnastics (with some restrictions). She has been out for 6 months of no lower body training.... she is so ready to be back. We are thankful that she was able to continue bars and gain some ground there.

She will need to start back slow. She needs to continue her physio, acupuncture and laser 3 times a week.

Just found in MRI: She has an "edema in the superolateral aspect of Hoffa's fat pad with a shallow trochlea. Which is basically a knee cap that won't stay in place which could continue to give her some knee problems until she strengthens her VMO muscle. Small knee brace for now but not for too too long. This is not life threatening - but could cause her some discomfort. So we will play this by ear...

This is such exciting news....she knows she has a lot of catching up and hard work ahead of her....

Thank you all for your support. We are overjoyed that she is back..... Thanks

Yay! Yay! Yay! Thanks for sharing the news with us. I know I have not been the only one waiting for an update.

This is fantastic news! So happy for her!

Hopefully you can get some good PT that will isolate and strengthen the appropriate knee muscles too. It's really a good thing when you actually KNOW what is wrong, let me tell you!

Gymnastics is hard.........being through an injury, surviving the PT and coming back is even harder! I'm so happy for your daughter!!! Congrats to her tenacity and will power!

So glad to hear that's great news!!! I think it takes a while for these MRI s to become completely clear after an injury. It sounds like she's in a great place and I'm sure she will be back in full swing very soon!:)

It sure is awesome news. She is thrilled. She has a full menu of exercises, laser and acupuncture ahead of her. Thank you for your support.
I love this website. So supportive and helpful... you make bad things like this bearable with all the stories, advice and support.

Awesome news
Fingers crossed all goes well over the next several months training. Thank you.
So glad to hear that's great news!!! I think it takes a while for these MRI s to become completely clear after an injury. It sounds like she's in a great place and I'm sure she will be back in full swing very soon!:)

Thank you :)
That is awesome! Great news!:)

Thankfully she was able to continue with bars throughout (except landings) She now needs to strengthen and work hard to see if she can get back to where she was. Its going to be a tough journey.
Gymnastics is hard.........being through an injury, surviving the PT and coming back is even harder! I'm so happy for your daughter!!! Congrats to her tenacity and will power!

Its been a long journey. I can't believe how long it took for two tears to heal.
This is fantastic news! So happy for her!
Hopefully you can get some good PT that will isolate and strengthen the appropriate knee muscles too. It's really a good thing when you actually KNOW what is wrong, let me tell you!

It sure is...thank you
Wow!!!! Great news!!!

Thank you
Yay! Yay! Yay! Thanks for sharing the news with us. I know I have not been the only one waiting for an update.

Thanks gymhocmom. Today her coach and physiotherapist allowed her to do bhs back tuck on the tumble track. They want her starting slow.
She has moved her jager to the pit bar. Bars are looking good. ;)

Fantastic news Kitkat! I wish her all the best! Can't wait to see your next videokeep them coming! Alex has fans here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back