WAG Anyone ever seen a 10.0?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had to laugh at the comment that said some regions are more willing to give 10s. Because I've watched supposed "10s" on YouTube and you can see the step on the landing, or the bent arms/low cast on bars, or wobble on beam that totally negates the 10 (compulsory) even to the untrained eye, yet they scored it any way. Mostly out west and Texas (sorry, jut the truth ).

It's definitely not Texas, we are pretty strict on scoring here. It's more common in areas around Colorado, Georgia, and New York from what I've seen.

I'm very intrigued by the videos of compulsory scoring that I see from New York.

Edit : and this is coming from someone that's just going to flat out admit I think compulsory scoring in my state is silly enough. Also because I once brought some compulsories to a meet in New York.

I'm very intrigued by the videos of compulsory scoring that I see from New York.

Edit : and this is coming from someone that's just going to flat out admit I think compulsory scoring in my state is silly enough. Also because I once brought some compulsories to a meet in New York.

Do you think it's generally over scored ?

I was the one who posted that my girl got two 10s last year level 3 vault - we are not on East Coast but she got first in vault at every meet & was vault state champion in her age group #notafluke

For the record, there were 25 10s given out at state-sanctioned meets in level 3 vault for 2015- and many states are represented (including those on the East Coast :)

My son was awarded three 10's in level 4 (rings, pommell and floor) it was at an interstate meet and he was so proud. Interestingly when we watched the video afterwards, he pointed out 1 or 2 things in each routine that he feels should have lost him points.

^^Saw one teensy balance check, but otherwise, that seemed really, really good! Of course, I'm just a parent! I would love to know what you saw..?

^^Saw one teensy balance check, but otherwise, that seemed really, really good! Of course, I'm just a parent! I would love to know what you saw..?

Rhythm of mount
Lever in and out of cartwheel
Scale not held for 2s
Lock after leap not completely in
Lever in and out of HS
Not holding HS for 1s
Wobble on HS
Lock step after HS not completely in
Not marking the 1/2 turn after finishing
Not levering into dismount

She also has a posture issue throughout the entire routine. If this routine was done in Texas, she would be lucky to break 9.0 IMO.

I don't think north Texas is overly generous with scores, but some areas of south Texas have pretty inconsistent scoring. Especially T&T in south Texas.

It's definitely not Texas, we are pretty strict on scoring here. It's more common in areas around Colorado, Georgia, and New York from what I've seen.
I've seen some questionable 10s on YouTube from TX. And one (old) level 6 meet, there were 3 10s on vault. In one meet. My daughter scored higher in TX then she normally did here.

I've seen some questionable 10s on YouTube from TX. And one (old) level 6 meet, there were 3 10s on vault. In one meet. My daughter scored higher in TX then she normally did here.

Maybe in south Texas like said above, but not in north Texas. They have to make room for scores from teams like Capital, Metroplex, WOGA, and Texas Dreams.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back