Epic failures

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At my first expo, I managed to fall on my beam mount! How do you fall on a mount?!?! It wasn’t even hard; it was a level 3 mount!

More recently, I was doing a handstand on beam, someone walked next to the beam, I freaked out and fell onto my shin on the beam.

I managed to fracture my foot by getting it stuck between the end of the tumble track and a mat. Of course, all the optionals were watching. (I was only rec)

Well, I am very well known at my gym for my falling abilities. One time, I was doing whips on trampoline for fun, and managed to flip under myself onto my stomach, shoot off the edge of the trampoline, over a barrel, down the stairs (still on my stomach) with a grand finale of the barrel rolling over me.

I've also split the beam many times, but one time I ended up with a HUGE purple bruise on the inside of my thighs, I got a lot of weird looks that week.

One time I was about to vault, bailed out, ran into to the vault. That's not that bad, except I knocked the whole vault table over...

And once for a squat on on bars, I clipped my toes, flew around the bar 4 times, basically did some ugly accidental giants, and landed flat on my back, at a meet...

Beam: Not mine but it was hilarious. My friend was doing a full turn and slipped. She was about to crotch the beam, but somehow she did the worm out of it. I was laughing so hard.
Bars: I had a really scary one where my coach was having me do tap swings with a total of 6 rips (not exaggerating, I'd just come back from an injury so my hands were soft) and my hands peeled. I landed on top of the low bar, did a backhipcircle with no hands, and landed on my face.
Floor: I tend to roll out of stuff on floor and don't get many falls. Once I was doing a ro-bhs-bt and acidently twisted a little bit. I had this moment in the air where I was just thinking "How can I land this without just falling?" Turns out I couldn't and I just fell on my side. Didn't hurt though and it was FUNNY!
Tumble trak: Let's just say I have issues with our tumble track. There's a little crack between the trak and the pit and somehow I manage to land in it constantly. I landed in it 3 times in a row once...
Then of course there's just my usual falling. I find it hilarious when I stick a hard skill on beam, jump off, trip and fall on my face.
There you have it. Some of my failures.

Okay well I used to do gymnastics I might soon, but I have had 2 epic fails
1. I was told not to try my cartweel on beam, I had it on floor beam, but not on high. My coach turnned to talk to another gymnast, thinking I was just walkg and piriwetting. Well I tried the cartwheel , fell off, "Safe Mat"( on beam) went under my ribs and I got the wind knoked out of me first time.
2. I was working on back walkover on beam, kicked coach in the face. OOpps.

I am one to fail often, sometimes causing big adrenaline rushes in my coach/team, sometimes not, but I've miraculously never hurt myself. There are the usual fails, such as front tucks with my head almost kissing the ground, me falling on my butt during warmup simply by doing round offs with powerful snap downs, or me doing some of the nastiest looking round off-back handsprings (still do, on my off days, which are every other day, basically).

The cooler ones that come to mind include my first attempt at a round off-back handspring on a trampoline - after the round off, my mind went blank and I threw myself back in a freaky way, enough to freeze everyone that was looking at me. I managed to fall in a safe position, I don't really know how. My coach might have done some magic trick, but I didn't even notice. One of my first attempts at a round off-back tuck in the air track was identical, except that this time I was a bit too high for my coach to be able to do much (and I'm big, anyway). While he waited for me to come down, I did manage to see the floor while still being completely upside down and place my arms in a way that allowed me to push myself out of danger or something. One time, I also fell off the side of the tumble track after a misaligned back handspring and I was also close to landing on my head during a back handspring because I didn't scoop enough, went way up, lost track of where I was in the air and opened my arms too wide without even noticing. Apparently, I looked like Jesus Christ happily flying away or praying not to die. This was really a stupid moment, because I already knew how to (and always did) handle high rebounds; I just ride them as if I wanted to do a whip or a layout.

No injuries to share, fortunately. I rarely bail out of anything (good thing), but I lose focus far more easily than I should (terrible). My huge inconsistency is a fail in and of itself, lol.

I was on bar and i did a fly away ( back flip off the bar) and i let go to late and i sort of hit my toes on the bar and i sort of got in trouble because my coach said i was not allowed to do fly aways so it was sort of my fault.

Once I was doing forward sole circles on strap bar (I think you guys already know what's going to happen) and I got all the way around finishing on top of the bar when my feet slipped forward. The whole weight of my body fell downward and since I was strapped in, I ended up weird. My arms were inverted, like if you were to do shoulder stretches or German giants (I hope you get what I mean). Anyway, I felt my shoulders almost pop out, it was so freaky. That has happened again since then but I kinda stopped it halfway as I was falling, it was weird. Yeah, I don't get it either. But now I have my sole circle on a regular bar! :D

Beam - I was once mounting the beam with a straddle hold. I managed to fall backwards & ended up in straddle below the beam! I was also doing a squat through mount when I fell forwards, but still clung onto the beam & ended up tumbling off the beam forwards while still holding onto it!

Bars - I was trying to cast to handstand, and as I came down, I accidentally straddled over the bar.

Vault - A friend of mine was doing a handspring vault. She arched her back so much that she actually landed standing up on the vault table, rather than on the floor on the other side of it!

On beam I was doing a split jump, one of my feet didnt land on the beam so i fell straight on my butt on the hard beam and then crashed to the floor.. I was embarrassed but i laughed It off. On the tumble track we were playing a game- stick it and we were told to do a dive roll, i dont even know what i did it was kinda like a flip but i smacked right onto my back on the mat, it didnt hurt but it was funny.

I was on floor and we were doing jump full turns and I lost sight of where I was in the air and I fell on my butt. I was embarrassed but I just laughed and got up. My coach didn't see that tho so it was ok.

Okayyy...
Bars- I was jumping to the high bar from standing on the low bar, and I only caught the bar with 1 hand and ended up falling on my face.
Floor- Doing a BHS on the roller mat when a little Pre-K class kid ran into me.
Tumbl Trak- Landing in between the mat and the end of the TT
Vault- nothing
Beam- Missing my 1st foot on a split leap and ending up scraping the side of my face.

I think I have about a million of these...
Vault - (this was DURING MY COMPETITION VAULT) I went to do a handspring and managed to trip over the TAPE that was a hurdle marker and attempted to do the vault but managed to slide all the way across the vault table and halfway across the crash mat. The judge who was there was the vault judge at my next meet and started laughing when she saw that I was next.
Bars - doing a layout fly away but the bars were to close and managed to wrap my ANKLES around the low bar - was doing a cast as a preteen member and was told to cast as hard as we could (the coaches just expected 1-2 inches off the bar) and I casted to about horizontal and had NO idea how to control it fell over the bar and broke my arm in 4 spots - the countless times I've kicked my coach in the face accidentally when he's spotting handstands.
Beam - did a backhand spring and missed both hands and landed in a sitting stag position on the beam. My coaches want me to use it as an acro skill. - doing an old level 4 dismount (side handstand turn) and started from the wrong end of the beam and I put a hole in the gym's wall
Floor - starting to do a front handspring tuck when a little 4 year old walked in front of me and I was in my hurdle so I thought I could stop. I ended up sliding 5 feet across the floor - attempting a front handspring tuck and over rotated and my feet did not hit the floor and I belly flopped

This is my favorite
I was working tapswings into a pit and when I was swinging forward I got this gigantic rip and let go of the bar. I started crying cuz of the rip and my coach was like you just did a flyaway. By accident. We were in old level 4.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back