Parents Training equipment suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
Hello all,

For summer training, DDs gym has sent us a list of items they will need. Ankle weights are on there as well as therabands....does anyone have suggestions on the best type to get/where to get them? (My DD is 7 if that matters for size).
The only other thing on there I need help with is Furniture Sliders....what the heck are those?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

A new team parent confused and in need of help.

Thanks!

Furniture sliders are little disks you put under furniture to make them move easier. You can find them at most box stores.

Furniture sliders are little disks you put under furniture to make them move easier. You can find them at most box stores.

Thanks! I had a feeling that's what they meant but wanted to make sure before I sent DD to practice with the completely wrong thing! I just can't wait to see the look on DDs face when I hand them to her and ask her to put them in her gym bag :)

Thanks! I had a feeling that's what they meant but wanted to make sure before I sent DD to practice with the completely wrong thing! I just can't wait to see the look on DDs face when I hand them to her and ask her to put them in her gym bag :)
These are provided by DD's current gym and they use them for conditioning. It looks like quite the workout!

Our gym provides those disks and bands and such....................

Dd's gym uses them for inchworms and plank races. [emoji4]

Our gym uses paper plates for sliders. Works just as well if your dd wanted to condition at home! :)

They want a 7 year old to use ankle weights?
It's on the list they sent out to all team parents. I'm going to ask them what they'll be using them for, but from what I've seen from other girls in the gym, they're mainly used on the floor for conditioning.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back