Euopeans

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just watching the men on the telly, must say the Junior boys were fantastic.

They most certainly were. I really enjoyed watching the senior men too. You can see the progression for British gymnastics over the next few years coming along nicely. I'm a big Nile Wilson fan, but I almost wanted Kristian to win the high bar final as I know Nile has more years left in him.

I hear you about the High Bar, seems to me that Kristian is always the runner up. Was an interesting discussion as to whether Giarnni will make the Rio team, personally I think we have too many seniors for him atm, but all being well he is a shoe in for Tokyo

I haven't quite got my head around how he can switch from junior to senior at this point in the year, but he is incredible. If we didn't have such other talent he'd be very useful, but I think I would save him for next year :)

What happened with the pommel final? I was working and missed the early event finals.

As coach says - apart from the medallist they all fell. You'd be thinking "so this ones got to stay on" and off they'd go.

Pommel final was sad to watch. Not quite 'everybody fell off; the end' but almost. There was talk about someone having put something (water?) on the pommel and making it slippy, certainly Louis didn't seem to do anything wrong but his hand just sipped off, whereas some of the others made more technical mistakes. Shame.

The men's team is going to be so hard to pick. I think Nile has cemented his place and probably Kristian, as he did very well on three pieces. They have Max who is a cert if he is well.
So Max, Nile and Kristian.
If Nile is the second best all rounder and also has individual finals potential (high bar and pbars), then the person who didn't quite stamp his authority was Daniel Purvis. His floor was below his best and he didn't score particularly highly on any other pieces. Do they take him as a third solid all rounder (I personally think they still will), or take people who can get big scores on one or two pieces? That's where the Gianni/Daniel discussions comes in, as Gianni could make vault and floor finals and still be a back up all rounder, so is that better than Daniel Purvis, who is looking like just an all rounder? I think they'll stick with Daniel, but it's interesting.
Courtney did great on rings, but once you get the Americans into the mix, the Brazilians and maybe the Chinese he may struggle to make the final, whereas Louis's pommel score is significantly higher than Courtney's rings and stands a very good chance of an event medal. But Courtney has decent pbars and could step in on others if needed.
And how is Sam Oldham doing in training? Haven't seen much of him, but he looked good at the British.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gabby Jupp compete. Does anyone know what is wrong with Rebecca Tunney?

I don't think it will be Sam, he hasn't really performed at any of the trails this year, my MAG prediction is this team that went to euros but with Max instead of Courtney
Was also wondering about Tunney? On another note have you seen that Charlie fellows has left Liverpool and is now at Europa with Rochelle....

Qualifications and everything else that wasn't shown on BBC I watched on periscope and finals I watched on the bbc website

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back