I FINALLY stopped lurking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LindyHopper

Proud Parent
Hello all! Warning: somewhat long introduction ahead.

I found Chalkbucket about 18 months ago when, as a "research what you don't understand" kind of person with a brand new Level 2 daughter, I began to need to make some kind of sense out of this crazy sport. I have been lurking since then. I have learned SO much from the forums. This is the first place I have come when I have had a question--the search bar has become my best friend at times. I have recommended you all to almost every "new to the sport" parent I meet.

I held off on actually creating an account because I knew the forums had the potential to become a giant time sucker for me. But I felt like it was finally time. I found myself really wanting to post as well as just read.

My then level 2 loved her first year, and proceeded to skip level 3 (with a whole lot of trepidation on my part). She is now 10 years old, and just completed her level 4 season. She is proud of the fact that after a month she is almost fully-adjusted to her grips (what a rite if passage THAT was!). I have lovingly called her Short Stack since birth, so that is probably how I will refer to here.

Short Stack has a twin brother and 3 younger sisters, two of whom are recreational gymnasts. Her father and I know that this is HER journey, and will do what we can to support her in it.

Looking forward to participating in the discussion rather than just observing!

Welcome!! I can't tell you how helpful CB has been when my inner "crazy gym mom" starts talking in my ear!! It's nice to have a place to vent and learn!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back