MAG USNA Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

KCHAMP

Proud Parent
Just wanted to say I would highly recommend the Elite Gymnastics Camp at the US Naval Academy. This was the first year they held it and it was fantastic! My son LOVED the coaches and they did cool activities like rock wall climbing, endurance and obstacle courses, volleyball games and scavenger hunts.

We both thought it was pretty cool when we watched the trials this weekend and saw the head Naval coach as one of the 6 on the selection committee!

Kip is awesome! D went to a camp with him when he was at afa. We have always loved him!

We looked at that camp for the team, and might again next year. Cost was a factor for us this year, but may not be next. Glad to hear it went so well.

Reactions: sce
@skschlag you are not kidding - Kip was phenomenal!!! If your boys get a chance to go next year that would be awesome. We will go back as long as there is no date conflict with 8th grade graduation. Otherwise we MAY consider AFA but that would entail sending him on a plane by himself....

I wish the USNA camp wasn't so early! DS just got out of school last week. It's by far the closest college camp to us.

We are there right now with my other son for wrestling- he loves it. My gymnast will definitely be going in the next few years.

I wish the USNA camp wasn't so early! DS just got out of school last week. It's by far the closest college camp to us.

I hear you - we took 3 kids and they all missed the last week of school. At least grades were closed so there was no make up work! I wonder how much the date of camp was impacted by Kip having to be at the Olympic Trials. Maybe camp will be a little later next year!

Just wanted to say I would highly recommend the Elite Gymnastics Camp at the US Naval Academy. This was the first year they held it and it was fantastic! My son LOVED the coaches and they did cool activities like rock wall climbing, endurance and obstacle courses, volleyball games and scavenger hunts.

We both thought it was pretty cool when we watched the trials this weekend and saw the head Naval coach as one of the 6 on the selection committee!
Where is it held?

They offered 2 camps - we went to the overnight camp for ages 10-18, no level requirement. It was for 4 nights. They also offered a day camp the following week for ages 7-12. Our camp had about 28 boys and 6-7 girls. He said the day camp was the reverse of that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back