WAG Female Olympian Public Speakers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
So, my work does an annual sales conference, and this year the theme is Olympics (because the conference is the day before the Olympics start). And for our key note, my boss is looking for a past Olympian (preferably female). Has anyone ever seen or met some former Olympic gymnasts who have a great story, good public speaking skills that they would recommend?
Kerri Strug isn't available, neither is Mary Lou Retton... We are running out of time, so I'm searching here for some ideas!

Thanks!

So, my work does an annual sales conference, and this year the theme is Olympics (because the conference is the day before the Olympics start). And for our key note, my boss is looking for a past Olympian (preferably female). Has anyone ever seen or met some former Olympic gymnasts who have a great story, good public speaking skills that they would recommend?
Kerri Strug isn't available, neither is Mary Lou Retton... We are running out of time, so I'm searching here for some ideas!

Thanks!
When is your event?

Shawn Johnson just did an event at my daughter's gym this past May. I do know though that she is going to Rio...

Misty May-Treanor

Three Time Olympic Gold Medalist

Outstanding Role Model

Corporate Brand Spokesperson

Extensive Media/TV Experience

Motivational Speaker/Appearances

Philanthropist & Animal Lover

As one of the most respected major corporate brand spokespersons, Misty enjoys impactful Corporate brand partnerships with leading companies Nike, Wheaties, AT&T, Visa, Arnold/Oroweat/Brownberry Breads, Purina, Gatorade, Stouffers, OPI, Spalding, Teva Respiratory, Topps, Abreva and more.

Misty has dominated every level of the sport of volleyball, both as an indoor volleyball Champion(two California State Championships at Newport Harbor High School, 1991-1995 and one NCAA Division 1 Championship at Long beach State, 1998) in addition to securing her position as the most decorated athlete in beach volleyball history.

Looking back, it’s no surprise that this Long Beach, CA native became a professional athlete. Misty grew up playing beach volleyball at the Santa Monica Pier with her parents, 1968 volleyball Olympian, Butch May and Barbara May, a nationally ranked tennis player. In her adult life, Misty is married to Major League Baseball catcher, Matt Treanor.

Shawn Johnson just did an event at my daughter's gym this past May. I do know though that she is going to Rio...
Yeah I figured many of the more recent Olympians may still be involved somehow, and will be a tad difficult to find one available so close to the olympics

If you're looking for additional ideas, both Sam Peszek and Alicia Sacramone have visited our meet and were great guests.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back