How to keep buns in place?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

coco_acro_

At my gym, we have to wear buns to practice because it looks professional. However, I have super thick hair and it falls out as soon as I start throwing skills. Does anyone have any tips to keep it in better.

At least two pony tail holders in the pony and then break the pony into two or three sections and wrap and pin them separately. Braiding the sections works good too. Maybe a big handful of moose either before you put it up or in the pony before you twist and pin? Good luck!

The absolutely only thing that does the trick for my girls is to use thread and a plastic needle and "sew" the bun in place.

I also have thick hair... And long. I put my hair in a ponytail first, secured with 3 hair ties. Then I braid it (normal 3 strand) and tie off the end. I wrap it around, secure with a hair tie. Add a bun net, and 2 more hair ties. Then a scrunchie and hair spray. Works great.

My DD has long hair that she wore in a bun for comps. We used a lot of "professional" grade bobby pins, gel, and hairspray.

I'd actually spray the pins with some hairspray before I anchored them in.

You could also try those bun donut things - we used one once with my DD and it was by far the most secure, but she didn't like the way it felt.

My DD has long hair that she wore in a bun for comps. We used a lot of "professional" grade bobby pins, gel, and hairspray.

I'd actually spray the pins with some hairspray before I anchored them in.

You could also try those bun donut things - we used one once with my DD and it was by far the most secure, but she didn't like the way it felt.

Thank you, I tried using a donut bun thing it was extremely secure but I didn't like the way it felt either. I will definitely try spraying my Bobby pins before putting them in.

I immediately thought the buns attached to your body, lol I was like hairspray so your Leo stays put!! Haha.

I am all for seeing although that's got to get annoying for every practice. Anyway, I'd recommend a bun maker and sewing it in place, Bobby pins are usually a no go since they fall out. I was a figure skater and we always had to sew our hair, and my hair is super thick and long (just for competitions and performances though, requiring a bun for practice is a little extreme of you ask me)

Just saw that you're not a fan of the bun maker. I'd suggest then that you put your hair in a ponytail, then braid it, then twirl it around into a bun. Then secure it with another hair tie, and see your hair in to the hair tie. When sewing hair, the thicker the thread the better, otherwise the thread just breaks while you're securing it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back