Martha Conference Call

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does Laurie have the potential to beat Aly on beam and floor? I honestly can't imagine her doing anything but bars in qualifications if not.

Laurie did beat both Aly and Simone at trials, and at P&G it was close call (1. Simone 30.80, 2. Aly 30.65, 3. Laurie 30.60)
Also, she had higher D at trials than Aly (6.5 both days, Aly first day 6.0, second day 6.2)

ETA: talking about beam
ETA2: and since she should be one of the 4 girls doing beam in Q (as Madison is not strong on beam), she would have a fair chance to qualify for beam final. Whoever is best there that day, that is.

One question - can Aly potentially try to qualify for vault finals? Does she have 2nd vault good enough to have a shot?
Not sure what second vault she has… but if she even has a passable second vault, it may be possible. We don't know how many girls will even be trying for Vault finals.

If Aly had a second vault wouldn't she have competed it at some of the recent meets? I really don't think she does. I think we gave up on a second vault EF medal/contender when we didn't put Mikayla on the team. Maybe she didn't have a real shot at medaling though.

Reactions: sce
If Aly had a second vault wouldn't she have competed it at some of the recent meets? I really don't think she does. I think we gave up on a second vault EF medal/contender when we didn't put Mikayla on the team. Maybe she didn't have a real shot at medaling though.

I think Mykayla had the potential to medal...IF she hit vault. That's a big if. Mykayla is inconsistent. Putting her on the team would have been a gamble, and not a wise one considering we already have essentially a guaranteed VT medal courtesy of Simone.

I don't think she does either… and I don't think a 1/2 On-1/2 Off would score well enough, lol, or she could compete that ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back