Parents 2 Meet Reports - Level 8 and Level 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
This will be a quick report, while it's still sort of fresh in my mind. I left Sunday for Denmark on business and just got home today.

Kelsey, had her first Level 8 meet on Sat 8am report time. She is my no-confidence-doesn't-want-to-work-hard girl, however, I was proud of the fact that she held a really good handstand on low bar, did her pirouette, and her giant, giant flyaway. She stayed on the beam but did not get her series connection. She didn't qualify for Sectionals but I think she definitely could have if she had pushed herself a bit more.

Little Monkey's report time was 3:30 pm Sunday. I was already at the airport and getting play by play text messages from DH and 2 team moms. First up was beam and she stuck her BWO, 8.80 (8th place). Fx - 8.85 (5th place), Vault 9.1 (8th place).....and bars.....

Well, bars deserves its own paragraph, lol..... remember this is my girl who had been scoring 6's and 7's, finally made an 8 about 2 wks ago. She has been working really hard on her squat on and her baby giant. This week however, she fell on her dismount (last swing not high enough) and got 8.5!!!! That was 8th place. I just watched the video and she probably had a deduction on her squat on because she stayed on a few seconds too long before jumping to hb. The baby giant looked great! She placed 7th in the AA. Video to come ...

WOW!!! Congrats to both of your DDs. That score on bars for level 6 was awesome!
And 7th place AA isn't too shabby either. What a great meet

And the completion of that handstand on bars and the giant, giant flyaway is great as well. And, it's just the beginning of the season!

I'll be checking back for the vids!

Yay!!! Didn't they both do great. They really rose to the occasion.

Can't wait to see the video, they must be both feeling very proud.

awesome job to both of your girls;) I bet you are super proud of them for their great performances this past weekend;) I can't wait to see the videos!!!!!!

Congrats to both your DDs!! Can't wait to see the vids. :) Way to go to both your DDs on bars!!

Congrats to Kelsey and Lm sounds like they both did a great job! Such a bummer you didn't get to watch LM .Waiting for vid.

Thanks for the quickie meet reports! LM had a great day and sounds like a wonderful bar routine.

As for BM, I'm so proud of her for hitting her bar routine - she must of been thrilled with herself! I know you said that she didn't qualify, how does she feel about it, do she want to go out there and qualify or is she still thinking it's over and she's just putting her time in? I hope that her bars have inspired her to continue with the season.

Thanks for the quickie meet reports! LM had a great day and sounds like a wonderful bar routine.

As for BM, I'm so proud of her for hitting her bar routine - she must of been thrilled with herself! I know you said that she didn't qualify, how does she feel about it, do she want to go out there and qualify or is she still thinking it's over and she's just putting her time in? I hope that her bars have inspired her to continue with the season.

I think she's still mentally just putting in her time till end Jan. I had a long talk with HC after the meet on Sat, and he does not want her to quit. He offered to let her do fewer hrs just to keep her, and not make her compete. I told him that if I could figure out how to "make" her stay I would but I don't feel its fair to force her if it's something she really has her mind set against right now. She still talks about doing team in HS and plans to go to Open Tumbling (it is 2 nights/wk for 1.5 hr). HC feels she is too advanced to be part of OT and said that maybe she should take a break and it will bring her back. I hope so. There's been quite a few girls who have left the team, who went on to compete at OUR HS and did well. But HC says "well they finished their season" but he is wrong, they finished ONE Level 8 season which Kelsey has already done. The thing with the other girls is their L8 season happened to coincide with already being in HS whereas K has another 18 months before she can start practicing on the HS team. I think for now, I just have to sit back and wait.... :(

Tough situation, like you said not much you can do other than sit back and see what happens.... :eek:

I think she's still mentally just putting in her time till end Jan. I had a long talk with HC after the meet on Sat, and he does not want her to quit. He offered to let her do fewer hrs just to keep her, and not make her compete. I told him that if I could figure out how to "make" her stay I would but I don't feel its fair to force her if it's something she really has her mind set against right now. She still talks about doing team in HS and plans to go to Open Tumbling (it is 2 nights/wk for 1.5 hr). HC feels she is too advanced to be part of OT and said that maybe she should take a break and it will bring her back. I hope so. There's been quite a few girls who have left the team, who went on to compete at OUR HS and did well. But HC says "well they finished their season" but he is wrong, they finished ONE Level 8 season which Kelsey has already done. The thing with the other girls is their L8 season happened to coincide with already being in HS whereas K has another 18 months before she can start practicing on the HS team. I think for now, I just have to sit back and wait.... :(

Congratulations to LM! An 8.5 with a fall? Wow! That is an amazing score for L6 bars. So happy that it's finally clicking for her. I'm envious of her vault score too!

Sounds like BM had a good meet too. I hope she changes her mind about quitting and sticks with it. I love how gym coaches will do anything to hang on to a child that they think has talent!

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back