A little brag and a hello again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well first I would like to say hello! I havn't been on here in who knows how long, but I am finally back to the site where people relate to me. I wanted to brag a little bit, since I have been of the site I have finished competing state in my "Comeback" year (which I took first on Vault, Bars, and AA and third on floor). Ideally I would not be a level 6 this past year but I needed time for my head and body to get back into shape. I also had to switch gyms because my old gym closed to financial problems. I wasn't too upset because it was something I had been considering for years but I have to travel much farther since my old gym was right down the street. I love the new gym, it is much bigger than the old gym and everyone was very welcoming. I am currently training level 8 and either petitioning out of 7 or competing 7 at my first meet of the year. The biggest news that I have is that I had a coach that told me I would never be able to flip any kind of vault in my gymnastics career. I agree im not the best vaulter but I do work very hard at it and making it good. At the new gym the coach has had me working a ton of yurchenkos onto the trainer and they have been looking very good. My new HC has told me that if I fix my hurdle so that I go straight I should have no problems flipping a yurchenko. This was something that I never saw coming! I have progressed more in the month that I have been at my new gym that they years that I spent at the old gym. It was by far a good move and my old HC is now an assistant coach at the new gym. I love that there is less drama, and no one doesn't like me for no reason there. Thanks for reading I know it is a little long (i like to write) but I was excited and most people don't understand the accomplishment.

Such great news, thanks so much for sharing with us! It's incredible what a huge a difference a coach who believes in you can make. I'm sure there are many new skills and accomplishments to come this summer, keep us posted!

The new coach has been amazing! It is also nice to have one of the coaches majoring in athletic training. Easy for someone to tape my ankles! The old coach is still at the new gym. I think she was just to stressed as a head coach before and so far is much better at being an assisstant coach. She is much more positive.

That is fantastic! It really does make a difference when there are people there that believe in you! The new gym seems to be a very positive environment! I am so happy for you! And congrats on the state win!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back